Coming from Korea with no proof of funds?

good looking out with that website. i had been doing all sorts of google searches and coming up with relatively nothing. :laughing:

Sorry to interrupt, but I’m planning on getting my tickets to go Taiwan as follow (Mexican Citizen):
1.- Depart from Dallas Texas to Seoul, S. Korea (Free visa entry, onward ticket needed).
2.- Apply for a Taiwan Visitor Visa in S. Korea.
3.- Travel from S. Korea to Taiwan (Onward ticket to HK, refundable).

First off, can I make that first trip using my Taiwan ticket as my Onward ticket out of Korea? I mean when I get out of Dallas I wont have a Taiwan visa yet, I mean would they let me board?
Second, How long it takes for a visitor visa to be issued? We want to stay in S. Korea For a week.

Well this next Monday I’m gonna try to get my Visitor Visa here in Texas but I want to be prepared in case I get it denied for not having US legal papers, also I’m married Taiwanese so I hope that means something.

Absolute proof right here from someone who has also done it (Visa-Exempt Entry + Work Permit from employer in hand = visitor visa -> resident visa -> arc):

http://www.boca.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=1443&ctNode=779&mp=2

Plus a quote from the visa-exempt section:

"Duration of stay:

1. The duration of stay starts from the next day of arrival and is not extendable. Foreign visitors must depart by the end of the said duration. Please click here for " Penalty for overstay".

2. Visa-exempt entry cannot be converted to other types of visas, unless the following exceptions:.

A. Foreign visitors entering the R.O.C. through visa-exemption may only apply for converting to visitor visas within their legal stay at the Bureau of Consular Affairs or branch offices of MOFA in case of: severe acute diseases, natural disasters or other force majeure reasons, which hold them back from leaving the R.O.C. In addition, white-collar professionals who have obtained the work permits within their legal stay may apply for work visas, together with their spouse and minors (under age 20) entering the R.O.C. at the same time.

B. For U.K. passport holders, please refer to “Notice for British & Canadian Passport Holders Who Enter Taiwan Visa-Free and Apply for an Extension of Stay”.(doc檔案)"

[quote=“Satellite TV”]

Why not just arive on a landing visa… get your ARC papaerwork and then convert that to an ARC.

I am in Korea now and they dont ask you anything on the way in here either like Taiwan. The Korean immigration officers comment to me was that he didnt think I looked Chinese enough when looking at my Taiwan passport.

call me on 010 8659 5597 if you have any questions[/quote]

Wow, you waited till the third sentence to bring up your passport.

Your time away has brought great discipline to your posting game. :bow:

[quote=“dasmania”]Absolute proof right here from someone who has also done it (Visa-Exempt Entry + Work Permit from employer in hand = visitor visa -> resident visa -> arc):

http://www.boca.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=1443&ctNode=779&mp=2

Plus a quote from the visa-exempt section:

"Duration of stay:

1. The duration of stay starts from the next day of arrival and is not extendable. Foreign visitors must depart by the end of the said duration. Please click here for " Penalty for overstay".

2. Visa-exempt entry cannot be converted to other types of visas, unless the following exceptions:.

A. Foreign visitors entering the R.O.C. through visa-exemption may only apply for converting to visitor visas within their legal stay at the Bureau of Consular Affairs or branch offices of MOFA in case of: severe acute diseases, natural disasters or other force majeure reasons, which hold them back from leaving the R.O.C. In addition, white-collar professionals who have obtained the work permits within their legal stay may apply for work visas, together with their spouse and minors (under age 20) entering the R.O.C. at the same time.

B. For U.K. passport holders, please refer to “Notice for British & Canadian Passport Holders Who Enter Taiwan Visa-Free and Apply for an Extension of Stay”.(doc檔案)"[/quote]

thanks for that!