Commercial Quality Scale

When we do weekly inventory in my restaurants we use a scale to weigh the bulk materials. We’ve already gone through 3 bathroom type home scales and they get busted after a while. We don’t need it to handle more than 50kg, but it does need to be very durable against frequent use and being banged around. It also does not need to be calibrated for sales as it will only be used for inventory. Anyone have any ideas for where I could find this within Taipei City?

I’d ask at one of those rice/bean dry goods stores. They always have a set of heavy duty scales for weighing sacks of grain, etc. I don’t think you could break a set of those very easily, if at all.

hospital and medical and scientific equipment store at corner BoAi and Han Kuo (or a parallel street, not sure) in taipei -ximen area. some second hand stuff too. maybe get some large scales there. i know thry have small ones in the window.

I finally found the perfect shop. Electronic or old-fashioned scales, everything from 500g and up, plenty of good solidly made commercial quality scales.

Taipei Wanhua District, Huanhe Road Section 1, Number 166
(02) 2375-3025

This is the area along the river just south of Civil Boulevard.

[quote=“jlick”]When we do weekly inventory in my restaurants we use a scale to weigh the bulk materials. We’ve already gone through 3 bathroom type home scales and they get busted after a while. We don’t need it to handle more than 50kg, but it does need to be very durable against frequent use and being banged around. It also does not need to be calibrated for sales as it will only be used for inventory.[/quote]And my lunch.