Common way of making coffee in Taiwan-Japan leads million dollar Yank Startup

See this video. Simple pour over bags which seems not common outside of this region helps an local Yankee company become million dollar plus company. Kinda makes me wonder what common items or things here could be worth a lot in other places. For me the pour over bags are better than Netpresso or the single cup systems. I see many small coffee shops here making a few pour over bags, seems they are missing a big market overseas.

2 Likes

Like these? For some reason i always assumed they were global haha.

I could see it making fast cash but I bet long term it would decline as countries are starting to care more about waste, pollution etc. I could see it going the way of the straw in 5 or 10 years.

These a paper based (Taiwan& Japan), in the USA& Canada they used a thing call K-cups and Euro has different brand of cup and different cup size.

1 Like

My friend in USA (Santa Barbara) got a Japanese brand DOUTOR from the Japanese market for about NT$200 or 5US$ for 8. Not bad I think. Not sure in Taiwan has Doutor shops.

Yes.

There’s a Taiwanese guy in Europe that invented some kind of special tea package as well.

1 Like

Can you get this in Taiwan? I would want to try.