Commune A7 - beer garden / food truck collection near ATT4Fun in Xinyi

Just to the north of ATT4Fun, there’s currently an odd little set-up called “Commune A7”: sort of a collection of food trucks, many of which sell micro-brew(ish) beer. There’s PS Tapas, Lobster Bar, Blue Elephant Thai, Alleycat’s and a bunch of other places that I don’t feel like copying from the Facebook page. It feels temporary, and I’m not sure how long it’ll be there. Kind of a neat little place, although there aren’t enough tables.

A step closer to the “chill outside with a beer and some food” type of thing that Taipei usually lacks - which goes well with the weather we’re having this “winter”, which has given us an unusual number of days when chilling outside seems like a good idea.

It will be there 18 months until they start construction of the new building.

It’s fantastic now because the weather is cooperating but just wait until the humidity and heat and Rain hits and it will suck like everything else that happens outside in Taipei

True enough - but for now, it’s the kind of thing I’ve often wished Taipei had. I just wish the beer were a little cheaper, and I lived a little closer.

Yea, I like it. They have food options and beer options. With a view of 101 can’t beat that!

Pretty miraculous stretch of humidity and rain free weather for this time of year anyway.

This place is awesome. Lots of food and beer.

1 Like

Yea, it’s great. Food and beer and sometimes even music or dancing.

I heard they were going to finish the Commune A7 temporary pop-up in July, but maybe they have extended it? Anybody know???

I hope not. It’s really cool. Really brings some life into taipei imo. I hope they expand it and get even more places going.

Alleycats is a great place to chill out on a Sunday afternoon.

I honestly think ally cats is overpriced.

2 Likes

Agree, but San Miguel is ok.

Has anyone tried that burger place? I ate the Korean chicken today.

Selfish burger was pretty good. A bit pricy, but it’s a nice place for a date. Lighting, view of the taipei skyline, nice atmosphere and often have DJs at night.

I hear they are closing in one week. Time to get down there before they start on the new building on the spot.

1 Like

Any idea what the building is? Another mall?

Taipei Sky Tower

http://decomyplace.com/newspost.php?id=4954

Will most certainly have a mall on the lower floors.

edit: https://tw.appledaily.com/new/realtime/20180121/1282084/

Oh no, that’s sad. I feel like the place is a nice set up for xinyi instead of another building.

Heard maybe they are moving to across from WTC at the basketball court on Xinyi Road by MRT exit 2.