Company wants me to open USD Account

So I can’t use a regular Taiwan account, because my company has decided to switch to paying in USD and wants us to open a US currency account. I do have my own personal bank account with Bank of America back in the states. Just wondering if it’d be wiser to open a foreign currency account here or just use the account I have in the states.

Thanks

Will they be paying you from a US account? If so best to use your US account probably to save on the fees, but if you are gonna be withdrawing it here anyway then you’ll get fees either way. If they are paying you from a Taiwan account but in USD then definitely get a USD account with a Taiwan bank. Very easy to do

2 Likes

I would be extra careful that they’re not trying to reduce your pay in a really creative way…

2 Likes

Be careful with tax declaration as well.

It might work in your favor if ur company is registered outside of taiwan, you might not need to declare taxes. Check and make sure.

Or They might be trying to hide your payments and employee status so that they don’t have to pay your insurance, pension, etc. to the government

1 Like