Compassion for Animals, or People?

([color=green]Moderator’s note:[/color]The following posts were split from this thread.)

Have some of you guys found out the meaning of compassion? See you sit on this board in the comfort of anonymously bashing some poor fuck because he tortured some kittens.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t condone what he did ( my pc peace flag) but truth is, to use violence to teach violence is wrong doesn’t make sense to me.

Haven’t we learned anything from what has been happening in the Middle East?

Wake up and smell the coffee.

[quote=“Namahottie”]Have some of you guys found out the meaning of compassion? See you sit on this board in the comfort of anonymously bashing some poor fuck because he tortured some kittens.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t condone what he did ( my pc peace flag) but truth is, to use violence to teach violence is wrong doesn’t make sense to me.

Haven’t we learned anything from what has been happening in the Middle East?

Wake up and smell the coffee.[/quote]

Difference being none of them are actually doing this to a living creature.
Has anyone in this discussion actually sought him out and beaten him to a pulp? No.

Saying you’d like to do something is very different from actually doing it.

Since you are suggesting that none of these people on the forum have compassion, perhaps you should be the one to reach out to him and nurse him back to normalcy.

Would you like his address and phone number so you can go over and comfort him or bake him some cookies?

Ag, please namahottie, he fed shampoo to a helpless animal (a baby animal) that cannot defend itself or tell anyone about it. Plus, he’s an educated man who had a job. Plus, plus, he said on the video, he GETS OFF hearing the kittens crying helplessly.

This sucker deserves whatever he’s gonna get… :slight_smile:

[quote=“Sherryx”]Ag, please namahottie, he fed shampoo to a helpless animal (a baby animal) that cannot defend itself or tell anyone about it. Plus, he’s an educated man who had a job. Plus, plus, he said on the video, he GETS OFF hearing the kittens crying helplessly.

This sucker deserves whatever he’s gonna get… :slight_smile:[/quote]

Yea lots of people involved with violence are educated. And you point is?

[quote]Difference being none of them are actually doing this to a living creature.
Has anyone in this discussion actually sought him out and beaten him to a pulp? No.[/quote] Do we really know for sure?

[quote]Saying you’d like to do something is very different from actually doing it.[/quote] I don’t know. Most actions start out as ideas.

[quote]Since you are suggesting that none of these people on the forum have compassion, perhaps you should be the one to reach out to him and nurse him back to normalcy.[/quote] I’m not suggesting. I am saying that there isn’t any compassion being posted. Yea, send me the address, I’d be willing to try it out.

[quote]
Would you like his address and phone number so you can go over and comfort him or bake him some cookies?[/quote]PM me but my chinese sucks, and given that he’s been shamed even more, I highly doubt that it would be easy to access him any more. Saddly.

This is his picture. Supposedly he rents a room somewhere in Neihu

I’m not sure what he deserves compassion for?

Forcing a two month-old kitten to drink shampoo? Attempting to drown her? Throwing the kitten against the ground till her bones broke? Then leaving her to die?

If someone took your dog and killed him that way, would you invited him over for a nice chat and a warm cup of tea?

This man is getting what he deserves, in my opinion. And that is not compassion or cuddles.

to get respect you need to earn it in my book.
to recieve compasion you need to first have an ounce of of compasion.

I don’t see this guy having any compasion or regret for what he has done.

A person who does this kind of thing to a poor defenceless animal, will go on to do more terrible things.
I agree with violence breeds violence, however, as things stand right now this man will not recieve any punishment for what he has done and because of this will probably continue to do cruel acts against animals and maybe even people sooner or later.

I’m sorry but if we were talking about a child, what would you say then??? Help him?? soothe him?

He is an educated man who knows right from wrong and needs to be punished for what he has done.

I am sorry to say that if i ever came across the man i would do everything in my power to let him feel at least some of the pain he put this animal and maybe many others through to satisfy some urge he may have had.

THere was no need for his acts. He was neither threatened or protecting himself or family. It was a completely selfish, evil, selfsatisfying act, done by a man who in my opinion doesn’t deserve to live.
:fume:

He is a drop in an ocean…
How many sick others are still around. 500? 1000? He got caught, so hopefully this will get others start thinking.

Just an idea , if Animals Taiwan would organize a petition for asking severe punishment (a huge fine for example as prison is sadly enough in this country a no-go) would it make any difference?
I was having diner when I checked the “pictures” … I am not hungry anymore.
May he burn in hell and that the Net-friends chase him untill he drinks himself shampoo. or Acid Chloride…

lupillus, in your posts I read that you see having compassion for someone is = to cuddling or giving someone a pass jail card. That’s not compassion. I would expect someone who has grown up in a Buddhist/Taoist filled environment to understand the concept better than a Western.

Compassion for this man has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with condoning or excusing his actions. If anything, it’s about recognizing his pain so that he can in turn be responsible for his actions. He can’t be responsible or fess up to anything if people are around throwing stones at him making him feel more shame and anger than he already has.

A person who involves their self in any form of abuse towards life is harboring anger. He has deep seated anger issues that need to be resolved. And if the animal rights community really wants to make a difference in educating people in Taiwan about ethical treatment of animals, it would be wise to follow in the footsteps of those who found the man. They took proper action and notified the authorities. Had they been a lynch mob, it would have been five steps back for animal rights community.

Who cares about what he needs or doesn’t need? Certainly not me. He needs to be fucked up good and proper is what he needs, so that he can no longer get his jollies torturing young animals.
I don’t give a reat’s arse if he needs to “find himself” or “get in touch with his inner child” or whatever the fuck. He’s a dirty heap of crap. Nothing more. Scrape him up, stick him in a baggie and dump him out with the trash. Good riddance.

And all this ‘he was an educated man’ talk. Give me a break. Let’s be honest here. College and Grad school does one thing only, educate and prepare you for the field you are going to enter. No where in the duration of person’s education do they get educated in[color=darkblue] life skills,[/color] which this guy was sorely lacking. That’s something we pick up thru social interaction.

There are loads and loads of educated people in the world. And some of them are leaders who are doing worse things than torturing cats. :s :fume:

Who cares about what he needs or doesn’t need? Certainly not me. He needs to be fucked up good and proper is what he needs, so that he can no longer get his jollies torturing young animals.
I don’t give a reat’s arse if he needs to “find himself” or “get in touch with his inner child” or whatever the fuck. He’s a dirty heap of crap. Nothing more. Scrape him up, stick him in a baggie and dump him out with the trash. Good riddance.[/quote]

Who said anything about his inner child. You’ve been watching too much tv. Fuck, if anything, that inner child shit, has more to do with staying a victim than realizing that you are playing the victim. No, he’s ALREADY been fucked up. I don’t know too many people who just get up in the morning and say “you know what, I feel like fuckin up someone today”. If they do, then they usually work for the US postal office.

And lots of them aren’t. What’s your point? He’s a heap of festering crap. Who cares if he’s been to school or not?

How do you know? Sounds more to me like he’s had a rather privileged upbringing – law school and all.

Nama,

Sometimes there is too much of this PC bullshit for my liking.

There is right and wrong. Not everything can be justified by upbringing, background or someone ‘needing a bit of a love’.

These sick fucks need a decent wake up call, not being read their ‘rights’. Do you honestly think that someone who is this sick, and still attempts to justify his actions can be rehabilitated with a bit of a group hug?

It’s obvious to me that some of these excuses for human beings pursue their fetishes over any shred of common sense or decency. They don’t understand Politically Correct Justice in 2006, and to be honest, neither do I. They need to fear for their lives to really have a think about it, and for the others out there to get the message too.

Enough PC bullshit.

Namahottie, can i ask what you think should happen to this guy then?

If not jail time for what he has done to an animal who was unable to protect itself then what? slap on the wrist and some councilling?? What? What should be done?

Do you honestly believe without punishment this man will not go on to do even more terrible things?

I thank god that this man is being made an example of. Maybe it will put a thought into anyone else’s mind who is thinking about doing such vicious things to any animal or person. It is about time that people spoke up and got enraged about such a terrible act.

I am in fact educating any child that comes into my classroom about “don’t do to others what you wouldn’t want done to yourselves” this includes animals. It is terrible that some people believe they can do these unspeakable acts to living creatures and get away with it saying, “it’s just an animal”.

This man has shown no regret or remorse for what he has done and so in return deserves no compasion. Forgiveness comes to those who repent. Forgiveness shouldn’t be bestowed on anyone who has no love in thier hearts. And for this man to do this to a poor helpless animal shows he has no love in his heart. It is cruel and malicious. As i have said before there would be no question what should happen to the man if he had done this to a child.

Hell would welcome this kind of man and i’m sure he’d feel right at home there.

[quote=“Truant”]Nama,

Sometimes there is too much of this PC bullshit for my liking.

There is right and wrong. Not everything can be justified by upbringing, background or someone ‘needing a bit of a love’.

These sick fucks need a decent wake up call, not being read their ‘rights’. Do you honestly think that someone who is this sick, and still attempts to justify his actions can be rehabilitated with a bit of a group hug?

It’s obvious to me that some of these excuses for human beings pursue their fetishes over any shred of common sense or decency. They don’t understand Politically Correct Justice in 2006, and to be honest, neither do I. They need to fear for their lives to really have a think about it, and for the others out there to get the message too.

Enough PC bullshit.[/quote]

You kill me with assuming that what I am suggesting is PC. I’m not at any means being PC. Why don’t some of you take some time out and learn what compassion really is all about. Did I mention ‘group’ hugs, or seek you inner child? No, what I’m merely proposing is another side of the coin. The fact that a human is being verbally abused online for doing what we are condoning him for=abusing another life. Such hypocrite behaviour if you ask me. I’m not saying that we need excuses for him or any other abusive behaviour. In fact, IMO I think that’s what’s wrong in America right now.

So, after you get off your emotional high horses and stop having your knee jerking responses reread my posts.

Besides, if you really want to stop animal abuse, join a human rights group. Reform the “fucks” who are abusing the animals. That ends the cycle.

And lots of them aren’t. What’s your point? He’s a heap of festering crap. [color=darkred]Who cares if he’s been to school or not?[/color][/quote]

My point exactly.

[quote=“UKbikerchic”]Namahottie, can i ask what you think should happen to this guy then?

If not jail time for what he has done to an animal who was unable to protect itself then what? slap on the wrist and some counseling?? What? What should be done?

Do you honestly believe without punishment this man will not go on to do even more terrible things?[/quote] I already said that compassion has nothing to do with a 'get out of jail free ’ card.

[quote]I thank god that this man is being made an example of. Maybe it will put a thought into anyone else’s mind who is thinking about doing such vicious things to any animal or person. It is about time that people spoke up and got enraged about such a terrible act.[/quote] Ah, yes. Shame him into being the poster boy for abusers. You haven’t been in this country very long, if you have you haven’t observed enough. So, we use him as an ‘example’ and you some how think this is going to alter the mentality in Taiwan. Remember what we see as an example is called ‘lose of face’ over here. And to lose face can have some times have serious repercussions.

[quote]I am in fact educating any child that comes into my classroom about “don’t do to others what you wouldn’t want done to yourselves” this includes animals. It is terrible that some people believe they can do these unspeakable acts to living creatures and get away with it saying, “it’s just an animal”.[/quote] Ah, yes, we must impose our western imperialistic values on these people. Like they don’t know right from wrong already.

[quote]This man has shown no regret or remorse for what he has done and so in return deserves no compassion. Forgiveness comes to those who repent. Forgiveness shouldn’t be bestowed on anyone who has no love in their hearts. And for this man to do this to a poor helpless animal shows he has no love in his heart. It is cruel and malicious. As i have said before there would be no question what should happen to the man if he had done this to a child.[/quote] Nor did Clinton, nor has Bush, Nor did Hitler, Nor does Kim Jong II, Nor does the man who lied in South Korea about cloning, nor has Mel Gibson. You know why, when you impose your beliefs of what’s ‘right’ and what’s ‘wrong’ you aren’t going to get anywhere. So, wag your finger in this man’s face. Shame him even more, and then when you wondering why he won’t apologize, ask yourself was it because I judged him?

[quote]Hell would welcome this kind of man and I’m sure he’d feel right at home there.[/quote] A bit dramatic for my taste.

Well Nama, your answer to UKbikerchic seems pretty non-specific. What sort of compassion would you show this guy? I agree with compassion , forgiveness, and rehabilitiation where warranted and possible, but is it here? I cannot fathom what he did. How long it took. The cries, the wrestling, the f#cking planning. It is absolutely beyond me. Can he be redeemed?

Nama, I admire your stance, and it probably is the correct one to take.

However, people here are demonstrating their frustration at the lack of a suitable punishment for this whacko by wishing upon him the kind of acts he commited against defenceless kittens - but none of them are actually going and doing anything to him.

The point is, let them rant; let them fantasize about what torturous punishment would be good enough for the scumbag; let them get it all out in print … because that’s how you’ll prevent it happening in real life. Perhaps if this sick piece of shit found some similar avenue for airing his frustrations, we wouldn’t be faced with pictures of kittens being force fed shampoo, having their innards squeezed out of them, having all their bones broken from being thrown against a wall, and whatever else the tosser did to them.

Again, I applaud your humanity, but let people rant. I can’t tell you what I imagine doing to this prick.