Competition: Closest guess and win a free lunch!

Just found this in another thread!

[quote=“Durins Bane”]…
Also have to remember to get the cash from out of the freezer. :blush:

What a trip, man. :uhhuh:[/quote]

Does anyone else keep their cash in the freezer? I am so going to start checking in my friend’s places from now on!

it just goes to show that if you toss a couple of coins a day into a jar, it doesn’t take long to have enough to do something decent with.

I am keen to open up the gathering to whoever wants to come along. It will be a weekend brunch or late lunch type thing, so I am thinking a Sunday soon or something like that.
It’s been a while since we had one of those famous balcony afternoon wastes. Always great.

[quote=“Truant”]

holy shit, there is going to be trubble in da house tonight.

[quote=“smell the glove”]Now slow down there taz,

ImaniOU has 11,044, you have (had) 11,111, and I have 11,200. Now obviously the three of us know it’s going to be in the 11,000 range, so how about we say the same number then split the lunch three ways?[/quote]Too bad you guys didn’t actually agree on a number, or you’d have been sharing lunch!

As you can all see, Electronisk is the winner with 11,201. By 1 nt. :bravo:[/quote]

I believe we had somewhat of an agreement. I’ll honor that with including ImaniOU and Smell the Glove in the lunch. Truant you don’t have to spring for all our lunches unless you want to. :wink:

OK. How about this. Truant you buy my lunch and I’ll buy lunch for the other two. Fair?

[quote=“elektronisk”]I believe we had somewhat of an agreement. I’ll honor that with including ImaniOU and Smell the Glove in the lunch. Truant you don’t have to spring for all our lunches unless you want to. :wink:

OK. How about this. Truant you buy my lunch and I’ll buy lunch for the other two. Fair?[/quote]
Aiyo, our agreement was just in principle - it’s your lunch fair and square, there, elektronisk. Actually, I was tempted for a little while to lay claim to just two numbers - 11,200 and 11,202 - but in the end, conscience got the better of me. :angel:

Buy me a beer, though, and I’ll tell you how I knew for certain the final result would be in the 11,000 range… :smiley:

[quote=“smell the glove”][quote=“elektronisk”]I believe we had somewhat of an agreement. I’ll honor that with including ImaniOU and Smell the Glove in the lunch. Truant you don’t have to spring for all our lunches unless you want to. :wink:

OK. How about this. Truant you buy my lunch and I’ll buy lunch for the other two. Fair?[/quote]
Aiyo, our agreement was just in principle - it’s your lunch fair and square, there, elektronisk. Actually, I was tempted for a little while to lay claim to just two numbers - 11,200 and 11,202 - but in the end, conscience got the better of me. :angel:

Buy me a beer, though, and I’ll tell you how I knew for certain the final result would be in the 11,000 range… :smiley:[/quote]

Well it is up to you. :laughing:

Either way, I hope you make it to have lunch with us.

As for the beer, will do. And if you buy me a drink I’ll tell you how I knew too. :secret:

[quote=“Truant”]I am keen to open up the gathering to whoever wants to come along. It will be a weekend brunch or late lunch type thing, so I am thinking a Sunday soon or something like that.
It’s been a while since we had one of those famous balcony afternoon wastes. Always great.[/quote]

Truant - I like the idea of brunch on the balcony and opening it up to a gathering. How does this Saturday or Sunday look for you? I’m hungry. :hungry:

Sunday looks pretty good to me, maybe 11am?

Your brunch is on me Electronisk, and the other two get beers from me too! The invitation is open to anyone, however it would be good to know numbers so we can book a table or 3 and sit together.

Sunday looks pretty good to me, maybe 11am?

Your brunch is on me Electronisk, and the other two get beers from me too! The invitation is open to anyone, however it would be good to know numbers so we can book a table or 3 and sit together.[/quote]

Ok. This Sunday at 11. Will you call the boss to make the reservation?

Yeah, I will call the boss. We’ll leave it open til around thurs/fri to get numbers eh?

Hurrah! I can actually make it on a Sunday. Really, I don’t mind buying my own food. Electronisk, if you tell me how you knew it was in the 11,000’s, I’ll tell you how I thought it was only in the 7,000’s… :smiley:

Anyways, I love things like this! Who’s setting up the next Forumosan guessing/trivia game?

I have made this an event:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … highlight=

I’ve taken the liberty of scribbling you in for Sunday at 11 a.m. Outside on the balcony/terrace/verandah/patio/deck. I’ve put you down for about 8 pax which means that you can have about three tables. Any more or less then please let me know.

I think this is in hand. I also want to thank you for not having jdsmith arrange the booking as today is Tuesday and there wouldn’t have been enough time for him to get his head round the reservation procedure :wink:

Cheers,

Bob

there was 11,000 in that container… ??? holy crap… have they introduced $500 coins? :slight_smile:

I was amazed also. But check out the photo and count it for yourself.

The next trivia game is between you and Truant to see who can spell my user name correctly.

On you mark, get set, go…

:laughing:

ee-ello-ee-kayuh-tee-aruh-oh-uhn-ai-essuh-kayuh. Am I close? :wink:

Don’t be mad, Toine. At least you don’t have people still mispronouncing your user name after having it for nearly five years. Holy crap! Has it really been five years now? That’s half a freakin’ decade! I’m too young to be this old. :cry:

So, are you joining us this Sunday ImaniOU?

I’m pretty keen to hear all the theories on the guesses.