Complicated work situation

Where did you get those numbers?

Article 17
An employer terminating a labor contract pursuant to the preceding Article shall issue severance pay to the worker in accordance with the terms set forth below.

1. If the worker continues to work for a business entity owned by the same employer, severance pay that is equal to one month’s average wage for each year of service;
  2. The severance pay for the months remaining after calculation in accordance with the preceding subparagraph, or for workers who have been employed for less than one year shall be calculated proportionally; any period of employment less than a month shall be calculated as one month.

Employers shall issue the severance pay of the preceding Paragraph within 30 days after the labor contract is terminated.

3 Likes

My man Jim never disappoints. I agree with the above though. Nip it in the bud. Give a her a nice enough severance package that she rather keep the money than to make a scene. Spread out the severance over a couple months. Don’t give it all away at once.

3 Likes

Jimbob threads are the best threads

11 Likes

I’d be careful, Jimbob. Paying off all these women for your IKEA indiscretions might just leave you destitute.

2 Likes

Never good to shit where you eat. :joy:

That being said and realizing such advice often goes unheeded, did the foreigner have conversations about the casualness or seriousness before doing the deed? If he didn’t he is one randy dude that has probably offended local sensitivities.

2 Likes

He needs to sell his company.
Both his companies!
The only smooth way out.

1 Like

I was looking at Article 16, but yeah it seems 17 is more relevant

I saw the thread title, and I saw the J in the blue-green icon. Before even opening the thread I had a fairly good idea of what the content would be.

9 Likes

In fact, when I read the title, “Complicated work situation”, I thought to myself right before I clicked on it, "Now, what has @jimbob132 gotten himself into now!?!?!?!

9 Likes

Yes this and in the category “Dating & Relationships”. Oh no! Oh no no no no…

6 Likes

Serious Question: How can I set up alerts for when a particular user posts on Forumosa?

6 Likes

I can tag you when I post if you’re that interested.

5 Likes

It is his own company, it would be odd to leave. Like many relationships , hope people can keep it rational and work though any breakup, if students in college or uni can work though it with classmates (in Taiwan& Japan it could be your classmate for many years in the same room), should be older adults can too keep relations private as they would hope the best for all

Jimbob tell your buddy not to dip his pen in the company ink anymore

smh

5 Likes

Never fuck the same company.

Or, in case of huge companies, never fuck the same cost center.

1 Like

I know what I’m gettin’ Jimmy Bobby for Xmas

3 Likes
  1. Hire someone to take over as CEO.
  2. Go start another company.
2 Likes

Got a better idea:

gift-card

2 Likes

60 percent of the time it works every time

3 Likes

Any update?