Computer courses taught in English

NTU has a Computer and Information Networking Center (C&INC) which offers computer courses and classroom distance education. Except they teach in Chinese only .
Can anyone suggest any English taught computer centers in Taipei? There must be a few a least… Any advice would be strongly appreciated… :bow:

Don’t bother with a course. Decide what specifically you want to learn about, then go to that computer bookshop near the train station whose name I forget (anyone?) and buy some books about it – they have a huge range in English.

[quote=“Brendon”]Don’t bother with a course. Decide what specifically you want to learn about, then go to that computer bookshop near the train station whose name I forget (anyone?) and buy some books about it – they have a huge range in English.[/quote]Tenlong tenlong.com.tw Opposite Fridays.

[quote=“Brendon”]Don’t bother with a course. Decide what specifically you want to learn about, then go to that computer bookshop near the train station whose name I forget (anyone?) and buy some books about it – they have a huge range in English.[/quote] Don’t bother buying books - decide what you want to learn & then enhance your Googling skills and computer knowledge by searching out all the free tutorial content you can find online!

What do you want to learn? Hardware? Software programs? Basic skills? Coding? Certifications? You’re already online, so that’s a start :slight_smile:

About.com & Wikipedia have tons of info for free. Lynda.com offers training in all sorts of programs (although if you actually want to pay for it it’s quite expensive).

You can find video tutorials, podcasts & articles offering step-by-step instructions, general overviews, and very specific details for just about anything computer related. Just depends what you want to learn & if you know where to look.

agree with others about deciding what you want to learn … then another option to consider is to post an ad on tealit or taiwanted to look for a tutor

[quote=“explorer”]
Can anyone suggest any English taught computer centers in Taipei? There must be a few a least… Any advice would be strongly appreciated… :bow:[/quote]

I doubt very seriously that there are any centers teaching in English. Who would the market be?