Computer Jukebox mp3 Player

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Can someone who uses Musicmatch Jukebox help me out. I’m new to it and can’t figure how to burn a copy of a disc. Here’s what I did.

Copied from CD, ended up with copy in my Library

Then inserted blank disc and clicked Burn to CD.

The words, “drag 7 drop tracks to burn” appeared. I can’t do that, b/c as soon as I click elsewhere to drag, the pop up burn window disappears and I can’t drag to the regular Burn to CD button. Where am I supposed to drag to and from?

Alternatively, after clicking on Burn to CD and getting the pop up window, I click on “Burn”, but another window pops up telling me “No drive found.”

:s

PS: of course the copy is intended for my own personal, fair-use, space-shifting purposes.[/quote]

OK. First things first. Regarding adding songs to the CD burn list, you have numerous options here.

Option 1. Add songs to your playlist first. The CD burn list looks in your playlist for what you want to add. If there is nothing there, then you will be asked to add them manually.
Option 2. Resize the Musicmatch window, so it doesn’t take up the whole screen. Then you can move the CD burner window to somewhere else on the screen and it won’t disappear all the time.
Option 3. Drag tracks to the TAB at the bottom of the screen that says Burner Plus, and the window will pop up for you.
Option 4. Right-click on the track/album you want to add and follow the options in the diagram below:

Regarding the lack of CD recording drive, maybe you have to change where it’s looking. See image below:

Thanks Stu. Now I can get the songs to the CD burn list, but I can’t burn them. I don’t know what you mean by “regarding the lack of CD recording drive, maybe you have to change where it’s looking.” Just as your image shows, if I click on. . .

Burn Drive, it says no drive found

Burn Disc_121905_2, it says no drive found

Burn Mode, it says Write or Test

None of the above seem to be what I’m looking for. So, once I’ve got a CD burn list, what should I click to burn them to a CD? Thanks Mr. Tech Mod.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Thanks Stu. Now I can get the songs to the CD burn list, but I can’t burn them. I don’t know what you mean by “regarding the lack of CD recording drive, maybe you have to change where it’s looking.” Just as your image shows, if I click on. . .

Burn Drive, it says no drive found

Burn Disc_121905_2, it says no drive found

Burn Mode, it says Write or Test

None of the above seem to be what I’m looking for. So, once I’ve got a CD burn list, what should I click to burn them to a CD? Thanks Mr. Tech Mod.[/quote]

Note the bit in bold above.
The reason mine says that is cos I DON’T have a CD burner on my work computer. Usually that should name a CD burner if you have one. Another possiblilty is that you have more than one drive, in which case you might see “No Drive Found”, but under that you would see another drive, which you should select.

You definitely have a cd recorder, right? :wink:

It IS possible that your Musicmatch software doesn’t recognise your burner for one reason or another, in which case it might be better to just use Nero or something to burn it to a CD. You can still make the playlist in Musicmatch, then click on File > Export Playlist, and stick all the songs in a folder somewhere. After that, open Nero and use it to select all those tracks and burn them to CD.

It’s a real shame that it doesn’t recognise your burner though. Is this at work or at home?

It’s at home. I’ll try again tonight. Thanks.

Do you have more than one CD drive?

Your av sucks.