Concept 2 'Erg' Rower

I’m trying to source a Concept 2 Rowing Machine here in Taiwan at a reasonable price.

There IS a Concept 2 Distributor in Taipei but they want 68,000NT for the D model which I can get in the US for $1000

Would anyone recommend importing one into Taiwan?

Logic dictates that I will get hammered on customs and duty not to mention transport however, I’ve had some experience recently where some clients of mine imported several sets of scuba gear into Taiwan from an online company in the USA and it turned out to be very much cheaper than purchasing the same models and brands locally.

Seems that if you buy online these days, you won’t get charged any US state tax since its being shipped out of country.

This tax savings tends to take care of duty and then you just have to cover shipping which I imagine I could do by ship.

Any comments or ideas perhaps?

Thanks in advance

We have two of them and you won’t get a cheaper price. Shipping is outrageous. You’ll pay more in shipping than the rower costs. I recommend you simply save up money if they’re that valuable to you. Or you could join our gym and use them anytime you want. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply Formosa Fitness.

I’ve got an email into the Concept 2 to ask if their D model machine can be divided into two boxes for shipping where each box is less than 23KG (the maximum allowable weight by the airline I’ll be travelling on this summer back to Canada).

If its possible, I’m thinking that there would be a slight charge for over-sized baggage (since one box must be at least 56 inches in length) but perhaps it wouldn’t break the bank so much.

Even if I could grab one for 1200USD its still half of what they are charging for here in Taiwan.

I see that you have the E models. Do your clients like them?

I’m trying to pick up a D model which is closer to the ground.

I used to row in high school and if the ERGs I used were as high-off-the-ground as the E models in the picture I would have broken my bloody neck :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the reply.

If I lived in Taipei we’d already be filling out my membership form.

Cheers

all the gyms have them. 68k would get you about 12 years membership, too.

[quote=“sedition”]I see that you have the E models. Do your clients like them?

I’m trying to pick up a D model which is closer to the ground.

I used to row in high school and if the ERGs I used were as high-off-the-ground as the E models in the picture I would have broken my bloody neck :slight_smile: [/quote]

We like the E model because it’s easier for some folks to get on and off them. The D is a little low to the ground for older folks and the price difference wasn’t that much more.

One option I was considering but dropped it was to deal with Concept2 China. Apparently a foreigner is running the show or is heavily involved somehow. He had taken their ski erg out to a ski resort to show folks they could train off season. I forgot why I didn’t pursue it but the likely reason I didn’t get them from him is that the price was nearly the same once transportation was factored in.

Good luck with the shipping thing. I couldn’t find a way to make it work and I didn’t want to get them off Ebay or something in case they broke.

Dear grasshopper,

It has been awhile since your post, but I thought I would give it a try. We came to live a few years ago in Taiwan and I brought over a brand new Concept 2, Model D rower for exercise from the States. We moved back, but the rower has sat packaged at my in-laws for the last few years. It has been lightly used and in excellent shape. If you are still looking for one, I would be glad to sell this one to you. Please let me know if you are interested.

Best Regards, Mark

If anyone is still looking for a brand new Concept2 rower, let me know. I can probably source it from the states cheaper than the price in Taiwan.

We are looking to buy a concept 2. I know it’s been awhile but is there still anyone out there to help get it to Taiwan cheaper than buying it in country.