Conception & Birthing costs in Taiwan

Can anyone give me a heads up regarding the additional costs not covered by NHI for assisted conception and birthing in Taiwan?

My husband and I are both foreigners and are anxious to get a family started.
We are planning to live in Taiwan for several more years and we’re not getting any younger so we thought we’d look into getting help while we’re here.

Good idea? Bad idea?
Expensive? Feasible?

[quote]Can anyone give me a heads up regarding the additional costs not covered by NHI for assisted conception and birthing in Taiwan?

My husband and I are both foreigners and are anxious to get a family started.
We are planning to live in Taiwan for several more years and we’re not getting any younger so we thought we’d look into getting help while we’re here.[/quote]

I really don’t know the answer but I can advise you to visit http://www.parentpages.net and ask for help there.

[quote]Good idea? Bad idea?
Expensive? Feasible?[/quote]

It is always a good idea to have a baby :slight_smile:

Good luck!!! :rainbow:

[quote]I really don’t know the answer but I can advise you to visit parentpages.net and ask for help there.
[/quote]

Thanks but unfortunately parentpages.net referred me to this site…seems like I’m going in circles.

Those are words that many including myself would disagree with.
In my case right now it’s not a question of ‘having’ a baby it’s a question of ‘where to have’ a baby and without more information I can’t make an informed decision and I certainly don’t want to venture in blindly.

There are quite a few threads on where to give birth and how much it cost. If you can’t find anything by doing a search, it should help to scan the title threads in the health (and possibly the “Living in Taiwan”) forum.

HTH
Iris

Well, I imagine it really depends on what exactly you mean by the ‘assisted conception and birthing’. The costs probably vary a lot depending on the clinic and the medical help you need. I guess the easiest thing right now would be to find a clinic (any appropriate clinic, really) and ask them about the costs and everything else. I’m afraid your problems are too specific for an average Forumosan.

And I still think it’s a good idea to have a baby. I wish I could help you but I can’t. :frowning: I very much enjoyed being pregnant in Taiwan but fortunately I didn’t need anything not covered by NHI, and I came back home 2 months before giving birth.

:rainbow:

Sorry for the confusion. You asked about conception, which no one has posted about at Parent Pages yet so I thought you might find someone with experience here more easily.

Here’s the most relevant thread at Parent Pages regarding the cost of having a baby:

parentpages.net/phpbb2/viewt … light=cost

We’ve had similar topics covered here a couple of times. I’ll find them (using the handy dandy search function up above) and post them here.

I do have a friend who has had trouble conceiving her second baby and has done everything from having frequent ultrasounds to see the position of the egg (I didn’t even know this was possible) so she could time sex, to drugs (Clomid, which had some side effects) to Chinese herbal medicine.

One thing I highly recommend is reading the book “Taking Charge of Your Fertiity” which you can find at Amazon.

Good luck.