Conflict between France and Ivory Coast

How dare you spook! Er, what is it exactly that you are talking about? That I would know miscreants and part-time philosophers? Guilty on both counts. I shall try to have another fredfest soon just to gather them all together again. Ah, sweet victory. Four more FOUR more years of this? hmmm can I bear it?

Le Legion Etrangere…eh…1st class group…fine lads…complete professionals. Officers are French, many from

That’s it? A technical difference?

And do you think this “technical difference” is significant, especially in light of the fact that we know that the UN is a corrupt institution that would never have backed the US effort to oust Saddam so long as the filthy hands of greedy parties from Europe received bribes from the oil-for-food-and-meds program?

Do you actually think that the backing of French actions by the utterly corrupt UN makes those French actions somehow legitimate?

And do you really believe that the failure of the utterly corrupt UN to back the US/UK actions in Iraq somehow makes the US/UK actions in Iraq illegitimate?

You folks never cease to amaze me…

Sorry but my understanding is that the French acted in Cote d’Ivoire first without UN approval or permission but this was given later. This is different than Iraq where the US and 35 other nations acted without UN approval or permission which was then given later. Er…