Confused About My Relationship

send him this thread link!

:laughing: …to get him seriously creeped out??? What do you do in this situation… I am kinda lost. He asked me how I’ve been, I asked back…and no response since then, I mean how am I ever suppose to understand what goes on in his weird mind. I thought men are easy to get… but apparently they’re even more complicated than women :loco:

I have to make reference to my dear friend The Chief here, who said

Still solid gold mon ami :beatnik:

It’s not a difficult question, that of “How have you been?”. You are reading too much into such a query, which was surely more or less a breaker of ice. Instinctual replies are the best for inane questions.
One has to go through shite to get to the shit.
There’s always an extra lower case e that needs to get loped off. Or off loped. The jury is still out on that one.
Stop thinking. It doesn’t do a body good in times of action.

no not a good thing when it comes to me…I am doing the stupidest things when I act intuitive. But its nice that he’s acting kind of normal again.

I am confused as to why the unclefucking blade on the lawnmower keeps sticking. Seriously, it’s doing my head in. I got my onion sets planted, though.

Boys. no point worrying. No point thinking about it. They come or they don’t come. They come more often if you give 'em food you grew.

Why is this sooooooo funny to me?

To be brutally honest, you’re probably coming off a little too needy and that’s why he’s not all that receptive. He knows that you like him more than he likes you so there is no thrill of the chase for him. Just my 2 cents, and I only speak from experience because I’ve been in the same situation as you, as I’m sure many people have.

If you really still think he’s someone you want to pursue, then ignore him until he approaches you. The way things have been explained on here, the ball is fully in his court so unfortunately there’s not much you can do now. Maybe sometime soon he might think, hey what’s up with the girl that wanted to meet up with me in Beijing? She was really cool and we got along great, I should get back in touch with her. On the other hand maybe he’s just at a different place in his life and isn’t emotionally available for a relationship.

Truthfully, I hope it’s the former and not that latter for you. It is worth considering that yes men can be complicated when it comes to matters of the heart. Good luck, hope things work out because being stuck in the fog is never pleasant.

[strike]Take it for what it is. Respond in kind. “Fine thanks, you?”[/strike]

Don’t think about it too much. At best it would be a very long distance thing, so worry about it when you come to Taiwan again. Otherwise, just be open and friendly and see how it unfolds…

Scratch my first. The fact that he hasn’t responded doesn’t mean anything. Some people don’t go on facebook, msn or e-mail often. Also, if he hasn’t checked it goes down on the feed (Facebook) and unless he specifically checks for a response from you it could be easily missed. Again, take it as it comes.

[quote=“Buttercup”]I am confused as to why the unclefucking blade on the lawnmower keeps sticking. Seriously, it’s doing my head in. I got my onion sets planted, though.

Boys. no point worrying. No point thinking about it. They come or they don’t come. They come more often if you give 'em food you grew.[/quote]
Yeah, I agree. We especially like melons.
Sorry. Couldn’t resist.

What is your definition of needy…if he’s not talking I am not talking, thats how it is right now, I will bite my tongue if I ever come off needy.

some people yeah…but not when your in your 20ies and live in Taiwan or China.

Not sure if anyone pointed this out yet but maybe the fight with his mom was about your relationship and he is under pressure from his family on top of everything else that he may be uncertain about.

As far as the latest on him asking you how you’re doing… hahahaha same thing happened to me. Outcome? “It’s complicated”

You can think all you want about him and your situation, and you probably are anyway, but… it won’t do much good. See if he responds to your “Fine, thanks and you?” Let the dude go though, the complicated nature is hardly worth it. It sounds like too many things are not in the relationship’s favor.

hey everyone,

he started talking to me as nothing happened, about a trip he took bla bla… I am glad, but still wanna know why he acted that way, I think kinda I deserve to know. But how do I do that??? I mean that straight forward doesn’t work well I know now…but what else is there…

[quote=“heavyboots”]hey everyone,

he started talking to me as nothing happened, about a trip he took bla bla… I am glad, but still wanna know why he acted that way, I think kinda I deserve to know. But how do I do that??? I mean that straight forward doesn’t work well I know now…but what else is there…[/quote]

He is bored and wants some attention from you…
If he is interested in you, he will come to you. He will ask more…

Sorry to hear, heavyboots. I’ve been in frustrating situations and have wasted countless brain cells mulling things over and over.

A few things come to mind immediately:

1. He’s not that into you
  2. He’s immature but hides it behind a veil of mysteriousness so he can seem mysteriously cool or coolly mysterious
  3. Even if you two were to get together, it’s a lot of work to get him to open up. Do you need to care for a grown child right now?
  4. You want communication. He doesn’t. He’s a grown person. Do you think you can change him into becoming more communicative at this point in his life?
  5. Any man who’s interested in you will come to you. Be you, he will come. I repeat: when a man wants you, he will come to you. So…is he coming to you?
  6. He has no staying power. As in, the first time you two met he put on his game face and you saw the best he had to offer. He is unable to repeat performance.

Us men, regardless of where we come from, are simple beasts. This is is true. If he’s into you he will do the leg work. Otherwise, as 914 quite aptly puts it, chances are he’s just not that into you.

Lot of truth in that movie, also.

[quote=“914”]Sorry to hear, heavyboots. I’ve been in frustrating situations and have wasted countless brain cells mulling things over and over.

A few things come to mind immediately:

1. He’s not that into you
  2. He’s immature but hides it behind a veil of mysteriousness so he can seem mysteriously cool or coolly mysterious
  3. Even if you two were to get together, it’s a lot of work to get him to open up. Do you need to care for a grown child right now?
  4. You want communication. He doesn’t. He’s a grown person. Do you think you can change him into becoming more communicative at this point in his life?
  5. Any man who’s interested in you will come to you. Be you, he will come. I repeat: when a man wants you, he will come to you. So…is he coming to you?
  6. He has no staying power. As in, the first time you two met he put on his game face and you saw the best he had to offer. He is unable to repeat performance.[/quote] :bravo: Wow! Right on the money!