Confused About Teaching Kindy ... Again

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“pqkdzrwt”][quote=“Lili”]So wait.
Kindys are legal, but they are not allowed to hire Foreigners or give out ARCs/work permit. ^According to Toe Save

Oh. So that’s why they post adverts and such. Makes sense now. The forum posts made it sound like the actual existence of kindys was illegal.[/quote]

Don’t trust what people say on the internet unless there is some sort of reference to back them up, ESPECIALLY on forumosa. I have been given different information, and that is, it is illegal to teach kids below a certain age english. (I forget the exact age). Having a Marriage visa doesn’t make it ok. I believe not even local Taiwanese citizens are allowed to teach english to children. I don’t have the skill to dig up a piece of chinese legislation, however some sites confirm this,

ie transitionsabroad.com/listin … tion.shtml
ie last post in this thread: [Kindergarten laws - #73 by Satellite_TV
So you’re saying that even if you have a TARC (台灣地區居留證) or a Taiwanese ID Card, you still can’t teach at a Kindy? What if you have a TARC (台灣地區居留證) or a Taiwanese ID Card AND a degree in Early Childhood Development?[/quote]

My wife (who is Taiwanese) used to teach kindy and roughly once every 2-3 months her boss would tell all the English teachers (all Taiwanese citizens who’d grownup or were schooled in the west) to stay home while the government came to do an inspection. It’s the full time English that’s the problem - the govt thinks it will hinder a child’s Mandarin ability if they learn English too early. I think 2 hours a week is the allowable maximum legally.