Congratulations Northern Ireland!

Well, I doubt anyone else will say it, so let me just congratulate my country’s football team on a magnificent win last night.

We hadn’t beaten England for 33 years until then.

If anyone finds out the match is being shown on cable, PLEASE let me know.

Congratulations to the many, many other Northern Irish people here on Forumosa :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, dear. This doesn’t look good.

We might need to instigate some quelling to put them back in their place.

Congrats, though, Northern Ireland. :notworthy: :bravo:
So that’s 147-1 to us. :raspberry:

[quote=“Stray Dog”]
So that’s 147-1 to us. :raspberry:[/quote]

Yeah, yeah. Living in the past… :wink:

Bloody typical.

I have been waiting years for this. I went to all the matches since the return of the British Championships, and even some of the away games, but never seen them beat the chavs. Always thought that the draw to get to Mexico 86 at Wembley or the home win against Germany in the Euro champs was the best I had been to see; then this comes along and I am out here and can’t even watch the bloody thing on TV.

It’s all right. It’ll happen again in 2077.

[quote=“qproy”]Bloody typical.

I have been waiting years for this. I went to all the matches since the return of the British Championships, and even some of the away games, but never seen them beat the chavs. Always thought that the draw to get to Mexico 86 at Wembley or the home win against Germany in the Euro champs was the best I had been to see; then this comes along and I am out here and can’t even watch the bloody thing on TV.[/quote]

Hey there qproy,
I didn’t see it either, but I’m still happy.
Sure they’ll be selling the video at Smithfield market for the next 20 years anyway. If I pick one up next time I’m home, I’ll let you know.

The Danes beat the crap out of the English side a few weeks ago. The worst English defeat in 20+ years.

They have a lousy team, that’s all.

The next world cup will be boring with no hooligans in attendance.

Maybe the hooligans could adopt Denmark as a substitute?

May stay on their side of the North sea - their last visit to Copenhagen was a bit hairy.

[quote=“irishstu”]Well, I doubt anyone else will say it, so let me just congratulate my country’s football team on a magnificent win last night.

Congratulations to the many, many other Northern Irish people here on Forumosa :p[/quote]

I just watched a repeat, and this time England won! It’s a funny old game.

Seriously, congrats to the Northern Irish. My buddy sent me the following text… Maggie Thatcher, Billy Piper, Pat Butcher, Prince William, Michael Caine, Lilly Savage, your lads took one hell of a beatin.’

No wonder we lost, if they were in the starting 11!

[quote=“TomHill”][quote=“irishstu”]Well, I doubt anyone else will say it, so let me just congratulate my country’s football team on a magnificent win last night.

Congratulations to the many, many other Northern Irish people here on Forumosa :p[/quote]

I just watched a repeat, and this time England won! It’s a funny old game.

Seriously, congrats to the Northern Irish. My buddy sent me the following text… Maggie Thatcher, Billy Piper, Pat Butcher, Prince William, Michael Caine, Lilly Savage, your lads took one hell of a beatin.’

No wonder we lost, if they were in the starting 11![/quote]

No, no, no, that is a copy of a famous Norwegian radio football commentator (Bjorge Lillelien???) after Norway beat England back in 1981(?) or so. :smiley: :smiley:
Norway got the same back from Scottland after being beaten 1-2 at home ground :fume: - but the Scottish Newspaper included Widkun Quisling in the "line-up :loco: :loco: -and Quisling was possibly the biggest traitor Norway have had the displeasure of having amongst them :astonished: :astonished: (executed just after WW2).

How is that for a blunder :smiling_imp: