Congratulations to the Queen for her Platinum Jubilee

So are most presidents. What’s your point?

2 Likes

Long Live the Queen!

5 Likes

Actually they bring in more money than they cost. They cost negative taxes.

1 Like

We get a non partisan head of state we don’t have to pay for. You telling me you want to get rid of the good thing we have?

1 Like

Your comment is a waste of tax payer money and time.

God save the queen!

4 Likes

We are having one on Saturday. :heart:

3 Likes

Yes!

Guy

We have a really good thing going on in Canada. What will a president do that will positively affect your life?

1 Like

Step One: stop glorifying colonialism.

The Taipei Times had an interesting take on this (quite nuanced), taking us from the UK to the Caribbean to Africa.

Guy

2 Likes

Andrew’s late night visits to high schools might be a problem.

Are we a colony? No. We are a sovereign country. Will a Canadian President improve your life?

1 Like

I am not asking for a “Canadian President.”

What’s wrong with a parliamentary system sans Queen?

Are parliamentary systems bound to glorify colonialism and the damage the British did here?

I say “no.” We can do better.

Guy

Because that’s not how parliamentary systems work. Parliamentary systems separate the head of state and the head of government.

Italy is a parliamentary republic.

1 Like

So is Latvia. They make good ice cream. Let’s study their model more carefully. :rofl:

I gotta go. Enjoy your day!

Guy

1 Like

I dont care for Charles, but Queen is elegant and nice.

1 Like

I suppose it’s normal for Irish people to hate English royals but the Queen has earned her respect. When she became queen the PM was Churchill and it’s not like Britain has been plain sailing since then. She’s weathered many storms. The British Royal Family is also a very powerful patron for arts in Britain (theatre, BBC etc.) which is easily Britain’s greatest source of soft power.

Her sons though …

3 Likes

Yes yes so is Kate, the Royal Family are class that’s dissapered along with the Russia Czars, Indian Raj, and the Kennedys :rofl:

The piece of class can be bought in this photo is the Rolls Royce Phantom.

3 Likes

They don’t own swats of land down under, and sheep?

1 Like

Gawd bless her and all who sail in her

3 Likes