Connections between Saddam Hussein and 9/11: Part II

[color=green]Discussion continued from [/color][url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/yes-there-were-connections-between-saddam-hussein-and-9-11/23195/197

MikeN -
Are you suggesting that OBL and Al Quieda are/have been in no way connected?

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]MikeN -
Are you suggesting that OBL and Al Quieda are/have been in no way connected?[/quote]

I’m still waiting for the connection between Saddam and 9/11/

*Note: see Topic title above :slight_smile:

spook -
Yet another in your attempts at hijacking a thread. :unamused:
The connection has been established, as shown in the material presented here and in other threads, connecting Saddam and Al Quieda. Al Quieda operatives were instrumental in the 9/11 attacks. Al Quieda trained in Iraq for airplane hi-jacking.
Slower than many would like, but the dots are being connected.
No matter how many dissembling quips unrelated to the OP or thread content you wish to toss out.
This is not a CSI TV episode.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]spook -
The connection has been established, as shown in the material presented here and in other threads, connecting Saddam and Al Quieda. Al Quieda operatives were instrumental in the 9/11 attacks. Al Quieda trained in Iraq for airplane hi-jacking.
Slower than many would like, but the dots are being connected.
No matter how many dissembling quips unrelated to the OP or thread content you wish to toss out.
This is not a CSI TV episode.[/quote]

“Hijacking the thread” because I dare to point out that the main claim and central point of this thread has yet to be satisfied?

How can I ever live with the shame? :laughing:

What’s “Al Quieda” BTW? Is it the Mexican branch of Al “You Know Who”?

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]spook -
The connection has been established, as shown in the material presented here and in other threads, connecting Saddam and Al Quieda.[/quote]

Horse hockey! What info? The sort of malakey that Cheney was still foisting on the nation even to the point where it was embarrassing other Bush administration officials? No thanks.

Again with that tired old story spread about in the immediate days after 9/11… Next you’ll be telling us about the mobile WMD labs capable of making weather balloons big enough to kill people.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Slower than many would like, but the dots are being connected.
No matter how many dissembling quips unrelated to the OP or thread content you wish to toss out.[/quote]

Sorry, but the Iraq War is a steaming pile of crap no matter how much you keep trying to polish it.

On CSI TV episodes the actors at least pretend to have the public interests at heart.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][color=green]Discussion continued from [/color][url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/yes-there-were-connections-between-saddam-hussein-and-9-11/23195/197

MikeN -
Are you suggesting that OBL and Al Quieda are/have been in no way connected?[/quote]

I’m not sure I understand this- is it a misprint ?- ‘Iraq’ or ‘Saddam’ having been meant instead of al-Qaeda?

I’ll assume that’s the case, and answer.

As far as I can see, there was some tenative contacts betwen the two in the mid-1990s, but I don’t see any indication that this led to anything more.
Certainly nothing in the newly-released documents has led to any diferent conclusions- in fact they seem to show that above all Saddam was concerned with the threat of internal rebellion and spent his time concentrating on that.

His support for Hamas/Islamic Jihad suicide bombers in Palestine was, as far as any evidence I’ve seen, limited to promising rewards to the families, and there are questions as to how much (if any ) was actually paid- I’d say this was more of Saddam trying to jump on a popular cause and try to rehabilitate his own image among other Sunni Arabs

Just found this on the document dump:

[quote]The first surprising thing we find in the documents, which are available here through the U.S. Army Foreign Military Studies Office’s Joint Reserve Intelligence Center, is that they are not necessarily from, or even about, Iraq. For example, document 2RAD-2004-601189 is described as “Abu-Zubaydah Statement on the Capability of al-Qaidah to Manufacture and Deliver Nuclear Weapons to the U.S.” Sounds like smoking-gun material, but what exactly does it have to do with the case for war against Saddam? Zubaydah, a top bin Laden operative who was captured in Pakistan in 2002, told interrogators that al-Qaida could build a “dirty bomb,” but he didn’t say anything about getting Saddam’s help to do it. Moreover, the “statement” itself is nothing more than an Arabic summary of a 2002 CBS News story on Zubaydah’s claims. It has no identifiable link to Iraq, other than the odd fact that it appears on a U.S. government site billed as Operation Iraqi Freedom Documents.

The Zubaydah example has plenty of company among the declassified documents, many of which were examined by this Arabic speaker. Interspersed throughout the more than 1,300 documents apparently produced by Saddam’s regime are approximately 40 files that are either completely unrelated to Iraq, or that are related only through jihadist elements of the insurgency that began after Saddam’s fall.

Some of these are postings to jihadist Web forums about insurgent actions after the fall of Baghdad, including a thread from the Shabakat al-Hisbah forums discussing a precise attack on a “crusader” and National Guard position in Fallujah that was executed by the military wing of Majlis Shura al-Mujahidin. (Document NMEC-2006-617171.) Others are Web publications by al-Qaida’s media wing, including a single page from an al-Markaz al-Islami al-I’lami training document discussing atomic explosion tests and types of bursts. (Document NMEC-2006-619612.) Still others are theoretical works by al-Qaida supporters, including a well-known booklet by the Saudi extremist Nasir al-Fahd, “A Response From Nasir al-Fahd to a Question Over the Use of WMD Against Infidels.” (Document ISGZ-2004-602491.)

How did these highly suggestive materials end up in the Operation Iraqi Freedom Documents? The site’s disclaimer warns that “the US Government has made no determination regarding the authenticity of the documents, validity or factual accuracy of the information contained therein,” but it casts no doubt on their provenance or relevance. Beth Marple, deputy press secretary for ODNI, confirmed to Salon that “all documents in the collections were captured in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom.” Presumably, the interlopers, most of which are also available for downloading on a variety of jihadist Web sites, could have been captured from Iraqi intelligence departments charged with tracking jihadist activities on the Internet. Or, U.S. forces could have “captured” them by downloading them from locations inside Iraq.

Strikingly, many of the interlopers share some key characteristics: Their origins trace to al-Qaida or other jihadist groups, they frequently involve unconventional weapons – and they have nothing at all to do with either Saddam’s regime or prewar Iraq. Also striking is their inclusion in an archive purportedly dedicated to captured Iraqi documents specifically from the Saddam regime; U.S. forces surely captured a wealth of other materials in Iraq that have nothing to do with the regime and that are not included in the archive. The fact that the only such relics to worm their way into the Operation Iraqi Freedom Documents focus on al-Qaida, the jihadist fringe and unconventional weapons strongly suggests an attempt to reinforce the Bush administration’s prewar claim of ties between a WMD-hungry Saddam and al-Qaida terrorists.[/quote]

salon.com/opinion/feature/20 … ment_dump/

[quote=“MikeN”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][color=green]Discussion continued from [/color][url=Yes there were connections between Saddam Hussein and 9/11 - #197 by Hondu_Grease
MikeN -
I’m not sure I understand this- is it a misprint ?- ‘Iraq’ or ‘Saddam’ having been meant instead of al-Qaeda?
I’ll assume that’s the case, and answer.
As far as I can see, there was some tenative contacts betwen the two in the mid-1990s, but I don’t see any indication that this led to anything more.
Certainly nothing in the newly-released documents has led to any diferent conclusions- in fact they seem to show that above all Saddam was concerned with the threat of internal rebellion and spent his time concentrating on that.
His support for Hamas/Islamic Jihad suicide bombers in Palestine was, as far as any evidence I’ve seen, limited to promising rewards to the families, and there are questions as to how much (if any ) was actually paid- I’d say this was more of Saddam trying to jump on a popular cause and try to rehabilitate his own image among other Sunni Arabs[/quote]MikeN -
Good points, however he actually paid the rewards to the Pali homicide bombers and actively encouraged their actions.
I think its an overstatement to say that Saddam “spent his time concentrating” concerned with the threat of internal rebellion. (pardon my very bad paraphrase of your comment). Saddam was, of course extremely paranoid, as history has shown. He also had a very well developed military and civilian vanguard to deal with these rebellions. Think Uday & Qusay (sp?) his sons and also assorted Republican Guard commanders. These people had several decades to garner the skills and ferocity required to deal with the threat or even the rumor of internal dissent. I think it fair to say that these matters, while no doubt in Saddams thoughts, where not overwhelming or rendering him incapable of putting his attention to other matters. Such as being actively involved with various terrorist groups including Al Queida.

My post was actually directed at this comment of yours:

This paragraph led me to believe that you were suggesting that there was no direct link, regarding Al Quieda activity in Iraq - training facilities, logistical and financial support and access to intelligence - and Osama Bin Laden and his Al Quieda terrorist network.
this my comment.

added upon seeing your above post:
All intel is subject to interpretation. I am certain that there are other interpretations to be made of these mentioned documents. I do not mean this comment to be ‘weasely.’ Just to illustrate a very old truism in the intel world.

You’re flogging a dead horse.

Even the jellyfish across america are waking up and realising the Bush junta are lying sacks of shit.

Osama Been Forgotten isn’t even wanted for 9/11.
And ‘Al Queada’ doesn’t even exist.

I guess passports belonging to terrorists can survive nukes as well as fireballs…

Winston Churchill gassed ‘Iraqis’ in the 20s.
His nickname should’ve been ‘Chemical Winston’

…but Uncle George said so!

An interview with the former PM of Iran has brought some further news to the Saddam - Al Quaeda relationship.
“…Allawi made public information discovered by the Iraqi secret service in the archives of the Saddam Hussein regime,…

[quote]IRAQ: FORMER PM REVEALS SECRET SERVICE DATA ON BIRTH OF AL-QAEDA IN IRAQ

Baghdad, 23 May (AKI) - The number two of the al-Qaeda network, Ayman al-Zawahiri, visited Iraq under a false name in September 1999 to take part in the ninth Popular Islamic Congress, former Iraqi premier Iyad Allawi has revealed to pan-Arab daily al-Hayat. In an interview, Allawi made public information discovered by the Iraqi secret service in the archives of the Saddam Hussein regime, which sheds light on the relationship between Saddam Hussein and the Islamic terrorist network. He also said that both al-Zawahiri and Jordanian militant al-Zarqawi probably entered Iraq in the same period.

"Al-Zawahiri was summoned by Izza Ibrahim Al-Douri

Nice sleuthing, TC. Keep up the good work. Post that link again of the video showing Saddam running away from the Pentagon on foot on 9/11 carrying a shoulder-fired missile, would you. I’d like to take another look at that in light of this new evidence.

[quote=“spook”]Three (and only three) Rules of Taiwan Traffic:
1.) Direct descendants of Chiang Kai-shek are not required to follow any traffic rules.
2.) I impede, therefore I exist.
3.) Why look? Today’s your lucky day.[/quote]spook -
I completely agree with you.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]

[quote]Iraq: FORMER PM REVEALS SECRET SERVICE DATA ON BIRTH OF AL-QAEDA IN Iraq

Baghdad, 23 May (AKI) - The number two of the al-Qaeda network, Ayman al-Zawahiri, visited Iraq under a false name in September 1999 to take part in the ninth Popular Islamic Congress, former Iraqi premier Iyad Allawi has revealed to pan-Arab daily al-Hayat. In an interview, Allawi made public information discovered by the Iraqi secret service in the archives of the Saddam Hussein regime, which sheds light on the relationship between Saddam Hussein and the Islamic terrorist network. He also said that both al-Zawahiri and Jordanian militant al-Zarqawi probably entered Iraq in the same period.

"Al-Zawahiri was summoned by Izza Ibrahim Al-Douri

MikeN -
I’m not seeing any substantive revoke of Allawi’s comments in your post.

More conections between Al Queada agents role in 9-11

[quote]Al Qaeda Agent’s 9/11 Role Comes Into Focus

Ammar al-Baluchi, once considered a bit player, is alleged to have served as trainer and banker for several of the hijackers.

By Richard A. Serrano, Times Staff Writer, May 21, 2006

WASHINGTON