Conor Mcgregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov-October 7

Khabib Nurmagomedov’s Full Statement Threatening to Quit:

I would like to address @ufc

Why didn’t you fire anyone when their team attacked the bus and injured a couple of people? They could have killed someone there, why no one says anything about insulting my homeland, religion, nation, family?
Why do you have to punish my team, when both teams fought. If you say that I started it, then I do not agree, I finished what he had started.
In any case, punish me, @zubairatukhugov has nothing to do with that.

If you think that I’ll keep silent then you are mistaken. You canceled Zubaira’s fight and you want to dismiss him just because he hit Conor. But don’t forget that it was Conor who had hit my another Brother FIRST, just check the video.
if you decide to fire him, you should know that you’ll lose me too. We never give up on our brothers in Russia and I will go to the end for my Brother. If you still decide to fire him, don’t forget to send me my broken contract, otherwise I’ll break it myself.
And one more thing, you can keep my money that you are withholding. You are pretty busy with that, I hope it won’t get stuck in your throat. We have defended our honor and this is the most important thing. We intend to go to the end.
#Brothers

Total bonehead

he is a draw now. no way is dana gonna let him quit. and yea artem was involved in conors bus nonsense, did he get fired? he really has a point.

Not really. The guy hit Conor in the cage after the fight. He shouldn’t be there. Artem didn’t do anything, he was just there for the bus thing

But anyway, we aren’t a tribal society. Your justification can’t just be “someone else did something, so I can do this thing”. That’s not the way our society works , or our justice system.

It’s the worst way to deal with the problem. Could have been dealt with privately, but instead decided to back the boss into a corner with the threatening power move. Also shows neither have any remorse.

Honestly, he is as much of a dickhead as conor. Almost certain this will backfire. He says doesn’t care about money or doesn’t want to fight anymore. Guess what? Fighters retire all the time and then find they can’t do anything else. Look at Roy Jones.

The UFC hold all the cards and Khabib will find out

1 Like

its not the guy that hit conor several times, its the second guy, looked like he caught something from conor not the other way around.

he really did nothing, he was just there the same way artem was. so why is that fair this guy should be fired? i never said he khabib was justified, he should be punished and he will. but lets be real theres a double standard for conor. well khabib is a draw now too so he has leverage. he now has 12 million followers on instagram, the ppv is reported to have done 2.4 million buys and putin is even in his corner now. the previous highest ppv buys were the conor vs nate diaz ones, and this is way higher.

He did. He was on the field of play. Conor cant be blamed as he was just choked out and was lost in the melee. It doesnt matter, Zubaira shouldnt be there and should at least be suspended. He attacked a competing athlete and its completely unacceptable. You have to set precedents.

Artem was standing there while Conor did something illegal. He wasnt involved and he got his fight cancelled.

The two things are not comparable.

Khabib has leverage but has gone about things in the worst possible way. If he really cared about his friend getting cut, he could have chosen a plethora of other strategies than this one. He has publicly called out the UFC and historically they wont fold. The Dagestanis are not showing any remorse or admitting they did anything wrong.

There was a way to solve this issue. They could have let the money men and suits talk to Dana and find a face saving arrangement where Zubaira got a lengthy fine. I dont see how this situation gets resolved now. Hence Khabib is a knuckle dragging bonehead

1 Like

what are you talking about? conor threw the first punch. he also threw it while attempting to escape the cage the same as khabib did. stop talking like conor is a victim here, he is not even close. he’s even done the same jumping into cage antics himself while also punching a ref in the process and guess who joined? artem. neither of them got fired. the guy has been acting like a hooligan for the last year and getting away with it. now somebody else follows his footsteps and its not comparable? thats a laugh.

the situation will be resolved by not firing the guy, remaking the artem v zubaira match and making even more money. thats how its gonna go down.

That’s not how this works. That’s the logic of an 18 year old on Twitter.

Conor had finished fighting and a melee broke out. It’s completely irrelevant if he threw a punch first, because khabib started the melee. Conor was exhausted and confused and fighters from khabibs crew who had been threatening to attack him entered the octagon. The point they entered was the act of non aggression and conor was within his rights to throw a punch. No legal system in the West would see things any other way. The commission will see this the same way.

Zubaira was recorded online saying he would attack Conor before if he saw him. He was then recorded boasting attacking him. You can’t have a sanctioned bout where the fighters competing are attacked after the event by members of the other team. The guy should 100% get cut.

Again, that’s teenage Twitter logic. The bellator event wasn’t a ufc event. Conor should have been disciplined for the UFC for the bus incident. So what. Two wrongs don’t make a right and they aren’t equivalent.

Just because Conor is a dickhead doesn’t mean you are allowed to attack him in a cage. This is Khabibs logic and this is why the commission is going to throw the book at him.[quote=“BHL4life, post:167, topic:173241”]
the situation will be resolved by not firing the guy, remaking the artem v zubaira match and making even more money. thats how its gonna go down
[/quote]

Jesus. They aren’t remaking that fight mate. Ever. The UFC don’t want that kind of trouble. Haha. It would be completely irresponsible for a commission to even sanction that fight.

Listen to what Chael P Sonnen has to say about your “Conor threw the first punch” argument

its not an argument. he threw the first punch, the whole in cage shenanigans wouldn’t have happened unless he started it. i’m not even supporting khabib, thats just what happened in the video.

chael only said that because he didn’t see the whole footage the first time he talked about the incident so he can’t be arsed to change his stance on it, he even said as much.

do you follow mma or do you just have a short memory or what? the ufc said they were going to punish conor for the bellator incident by not putting him on a ppv they said they were planning to put him on…obvious bullshit but why would they say it if being in a different organisation was a moot point? regardless of whether it was a different organisation the point is that the ufc barely punishes conor for his hooligian antics.

he literally does almost whatever he wants and gets away with it. theres nothing to be surprised about that a new guy becomes a draw and decides to follow the same type of behavior. its not right but its no less right than what conor has been doing. if you can’t see that you need to pull mcgregor out of your ass.

I have no dog in the post-fight fight and my interest is waning quickly as it morphs into hype for the next bout, but about McGregor getting away with stuff -

McGregor got away with a cheating in the Khabib fight, no question. He held Khabib’s shorts, he hooked Khabib’s gloves, McGregor hooked the cage with his toes, and there were some questionable kicks by McGregor while both men were down. The ref, Herb Dean, no idea how this guy has his job. I think he helped unhook one of McGregor’s toes once from the cage, but he ignored everything else.

In boxing there are ways to cheat, too. Forearms (legal in MMA), thumbs in the eye, rabbit punches, stuff in the clinch, glove shenanigans, etc. But the refs in boxing tend to be stricter than Herb Dean was in this fight.

McGregor cheated in many small ways. Is this kind of cheating normal in MMA? In UFC? By McGregor, or was Khabib a one-off?

It’s not an argument, it’s not even a point. The other guys were not supposed to be there. Khabib started the melee by jumping over the cage. Conors punch is irrelevant, considering he was in the cage, the other guys were not supposed to be in the cage and his team mates were getting attacked.

No sports commission in the world would see otherwise.

The fact that Conor got away with stuff before is irrelevant. You are using tribal playground logic. Conor is 100% to blame for the bus incident and Khabib 100% for the aftermath of the fight. His teammates entered the cage with the Intent of attacking the sanctioned fighter. They deserve to be cut.

If khabib was less of a knuckle dragging meathead he could of found a face saving way to solve the situation and keep his teammate in the UFC. But instead he went for the bonehead nuclear option of attacking his boss and the seven year old strategy you are employing here of “yeah but he did another bad thing before”.

Sometimes fighters cheat. Refs don’t dock points enough. Conor Isnt really known as a cheater, I think he was completely overwhelmed by khabib and was looking for anyway to get away from the onslaught

More From Chael P
https://youtu.be/rbxn76N7khs

Listen, Conor is a dickhead, but in this case he wasn’t the instigator. Even John Kavagnah said on Rogan that he could deal with Khabib jumping the cage but not with trained fighters attacking a tired confused Conor in the octagon. It’s completely reprehensible. What Conor did previously is irrelevant

its irrelevant? um no. its the exact reason khabib is doing this stuff. are you new to mma or what? the bias is real.

Irrelevant as in its irrelevant. Khabib is doing stuff because he is a meathead who doesn’t understand how things work. It’s not the UFC who is holding his money, it’s the commission. The same commission who will make a decision on his suspension based on his perceived lack of remorse. Stomping your feet like a child and threatening your boss will not change anything.

His teammate absolutely should be cut, what he did was disgusting. If they played it better, they could have got away with an apology, a year suspension and a face saving turnaround from Dana. Now I see it very unlikely the UFC fold as they have all the power

1 Like

They should bring Jon Jones back for a title match ASAP — That’s good priority for the UFC. Those PPV buys though :money_mouth_face::dollar::money_with_wings:

They are, he is fighting end up of the year.

Luke Thomas also weighing in on the idiocy of the knuckle draggers thinking that “Conor threw the same punch”.

https://youtu.be/b-f7VrvspS8

I really don’t have an issue with khabib jumping over. He’s a fighter, has some emotions. Call it even Steven from the bus incident. But very stupid, and continues to be stupid about getting his pay day. He beat the man in the cage. He’s the new champion, get your money and promote your next meal ticket.

The other guys that jumped to attack Conor, unsuccessfully I might add. Should be gone. They’re lucky I think Conor isn’t pressing charges.

1 Like