Conservatives hit a new low, joke about murdering senators

I always try to take all the happy horseshit here about how virtuous and principled conservatives and Republicans are with a grain of salt. But now the have really outdone themselves in an act of poor-loser cowardice that sets a new low. Dallas-based talk show host Mark Davis, subbing for Rush Limbaugh (maybe he was out copping some oxycontin), laughingly and approvingly and pointedly read (at the top of the hour) a passage from a Dallas magazine article by CBS sportscaster David Feherty claiming that “any U.S. soldier,” given a gun with two bullets and stuck in an elevator with Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Osama bin Laden, would use both bullets on Pelosi and strangle the other two.Then he follows up with an unrepentant article about how gee he was only kidding and everyone should just say whatever they want. Wow I wonder if Bill “just shut up” O’Reilly got the new memo? Remarkable that the GOP has suddenly salvaged the copy of the bill of rights they’ve been wiping their ass with for the last 8 or more years. Last time I checked the right to free speech doesn’t include shouting fire in a crowded auditorium, or advocating to hundreds of thousands of military (who have easy access to weapons) that they shoot or strangle public officials. Hey, should we all go to some crowded GOP affairs and shout fire? Maybe those GOP affairs are not so crowded now. Really, the calculated ignorance, the sheer immaturity of this act boggles the mind. What a sad and pathetic group of poor losers, or really, just plain losers. A new low even for these scum. Feherty and Davis should be brought up on federal criminal charges. Which include the death penalty. caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/t … 18&sec=373 Conspiracy carries the same penalty as the actual crime. These people make any decent American sick to their stomach.

And the Republicans were whining and whining about Wanda Sykes’ jokes at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, saying she went over the top.

Such hypocrites, these Republicans.

They’re clutching at straws. Did Wanda advocate to hundreds of thousand of trained killers with weapons that they murder public officials? And how many people heard Wanda, compared to Rush the Junkie?

That’s true but unfortunately Democrats such as Nancy Pelosi aren’t any better:

What an absolutely ridiculous thread pretense.

1. the guy in question is a ‘sports announcer’
  2. He was joking using hyperbole - Much like this thread topic
  3. He voted for 0bama

To use such language as is employed in this thread speaks heavily of the desperation in the left-wing cadres. Shaking in your boots are ya Laddys?

You stay classy!

I agree completely. One idiot (the guy quoted in the first post) makes a stupid comment. One shouldn’t make such broad generalizations from it.

But, no offense intended TC, that generalization is equally invalid.

There are idiot conservatives, idiot liberals, idiot republicans, idiot democrats, idiot libertarians, idiot librarians, idiots of all stripes and colors. TC’s right that this is a ridiculous thread pretense.

Why do they want to kill Pelosi when she was the one who was helping them out with their torture program? They (Republicans) are totally irrational.

Why do they want to kill Pelosi when she was the one who was helping them out with their torture program? They (Republicans) are totally irrational.[/quote]

I think it’s because they resent Democrats trying to leave them holding the bag for the last eight years when in reality they were all in it together.

I have a rather twisted sense of humour, so I thought it would have been funny if he’d told it properly.

Instead of Harry Reid he needed somebody more similar to bin Laden, to make it clear how bad (he thinks) Pelosi is.

"An American soldier just back from Iraq walks into an elevator and sees Ahmadinejad, Osama bin Laden, and Moqtada al-Sadr holding Nancy Pelosi hostage, but realises he’s only got two bullets. What does he do?

Shoot Pelosi twice and try to bludgeon the other three."

I don’t care too much for Pelosi; she lost my respect when she took impeachment off the table.

But the Republicans are quite hilarious about this issue: hundreds of Republicans involved in this matter, and then there’s Pelosi… “Look…a Democrat was involved too, so it’s all their fault!

The whole matter is disgusting. Here in Dallas, where JFK was murdered, and with a Texas soldier in Afghanistan going nuts just a few days ago and killing 5 fellow soldiers in Afghanistan, you support the idea of quoting someone at the top of the news hour, to an audience of 10 million people, and I dunno 1 million troops (trained killers with access to weapons), that its a laughing matter to shoot and strangle public officials. IMHO people that support this are the idiots.

I don’t care too much for Pelosi; she lost my respect when she took impeachment off the table.

But the Republicans are quite hilarious about this issue: hundreds of Republicans involved in this matter, and then there’s Pelosi… “Look…a Democrat was involved too, so it’s all their fault!”[/quote]

If you were talking some fringe Democrat like Dennis Kukinich you’d have a valid point. Pelosi though was elected leader and official spokesperson for Democrats in the House of Representatives in January. As such, she’s third in line to become president after Joe Biden and one of the most powerful policymakers for the Democratic Party.

courant.com/news/local/hc-tu … 9236.story

Maybe the authorities are going to start taking these wingers seriously.

For a new low, how about right-wing radio hosts encouraging violence against helpless children?

KRXQ Sacramento Radio Hosts Encourage Violence Against Transgender Children

The mind boggles.

Radio Host Is Arrested in Threats on 3 Judges

nytimes.com/2009/06/25/us/25 … tml?ref=us

About time. Republicans really take “poor loser” to a new level.

Hear me now, believe me later. -ToeTag

PS Gotta love the conservative dominated media. Bloomberg is careful to spin the article with the headline “FBI Arrests Blogger for Allegedly Threatening Judges” yep slip that word Allegedly in there. Here is what this dangerous lunatic did…

"Let me be the first to say this plainly: These judges deserve to be killed,” Mr. Turner wrote in a blog entry on June 2. “Their blood will replenish the tree of liberty. A small price to pay to assure freedom for millions.”

He said the three judges, William J. Bauer, Frank H. Easterbrook and Richard A. Posner, should be made “an example” of in order to send a message to the rest of the federal judiciary: “Obey the Constitution or die.”

Mr. Turner also posted the judges’ photographs, phone numbers, work addresses and courtroom numbers. "

But “fair and balanced” Bloomberg has to go with a headline that says “allegedly”… give me a break. It would be interesting to gather some statistics and see how Bloomberg gives financier con-men and conservatives the benefit of the word allegedly, but doesn’t use it for democrats and liberals.

The LA Times has a proper headline: “White supremacist blogger charged with threatening 3 Chicago-based federal appeals judges”.