Consolidating e-mail accounts with Gmail

Ok, Gmail never ceases to amaze me. I’ve always loved the essentially unlimited storage, the search features, the labeling and all the other goodies Gmail comes with. Well, I recently learned another feature today that blew me away. Sorry if this is old news, but it’s new to me.

Did you know that you could manage multiple e-mail accounts from any domain that allows POP access with your Gmail account? This is more than just having e-mail forwarded from those other accounts. You can program Gmail to “fetch” mail from other accounts and when you reply, Gmail will use the appropriate “Reply To” address from the account that the mail came from, as if it were being sent from that account. Now I can manage my personal, blog and work e-mails from one simple service, accessible from any internet connection.

HOW COOL IS THAT!?!?!?!?!

Welcome to 2004! :laughing:

Kind of a smart-ass comment for the forum admin… Sorry if I’m a bit technologically challenged.

I still think it’s pretty cool.

Kind of a smart-ass comment for the forum admin… Sorry if I’m a bit technologically challenged.

I still think it’s pretty cool.[/quote]
Aw, I’m just ribbing you. :stuck_out_tongue: Gmail IS awesome, no doubt.

I too love the consolidating email feature, but unfortunately my Canada dot com email address doesn’t work with it. It won’t allow the mail to be remotely fetched. I get tons of junk email there and Gmail seems to label and handle it more efficiently than Canada dot com does. Oh well.

Is that a free mail provider? Many don’t offer POP access, I guess.

I’ve always known I could use Outlook or Thunderbird for this, but then the files are on one computer. I like Gmail because I can access it from any computer. I just never knew it could be used in this way.

LOVE IT!

And Maoman, sorry for jumping down your throat.