Constitutional Court rules adultery no longer a crime

Good grief.

I suppose this is social media.

Whatā€™s that supposed to mean?

Oh well glad I donā€™t have any mistresses in the closet that would feel free to come out now.
ā€œIā€™m going to tell your wife!ā€ :scream_cat:

1 Like

Yeah, maybe they should include economic intercourse. :sunglasses:

But if they renounced original citizenship then where do they send them ? Some random airport?

1 Like

Brian Hioe at New Bloom comments on the constitutional court decision here:

Guy

Iā€™ve been wondering too. One would probably just be stuck stateless in Taiwan until you recover your old citizenship.

Except for that most countries, to recover means immigrating thereā€¦with a passport like a foreigner.

1 Like

Is this effective now or a later date?

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3949921

1 Like

I was waiting for someone to post that.

If anyone wants to hand over their data to that sketchy Canadian company, donā€™t let me slow you down! :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

All of the people I know that became stateless were indeed stuck here until the system rectified the (self imposed) problem. Some for decades. It is an insanely retarded system clearly setup by people who think their university degrees mean something credible.

2 Likes

No. Itā€™s an insane system that was created in a time when there were no checks and balances at the whim of a nationalist and Han chauvinistic dictatorship that believed that foreigners would pollute the mighty Han race. The system is not broken, itā€™s working as it was intended to by Chiang Kai Shek.

6 Likes

I suppose our inly disagreement is that the system is broken in todays market. Frankly.i can understand a lot of Taiwans funky rules when taking in history. As it stands today the system is broken. One could, legitimately, argue the system is solid it .is the outside factors such as culture and environment that make it seem.broken and thus it is the outside factors that are broken. But if we use human rights as the narative the old style has become obsolete and fhere for ā€œbrokenā€. perhaps the word dysfunctional would better serve the purposeā€¦

I call it broken because, unlike before, the Nationalist gov of china (Kmt then taiwan) didnt actually require international friendship to.achieve its goals as they were basically pieces of shit .not caring about the populace. Different now, and thus a broken system with tweeks that are not working .for what is generally needed to allow the Republic of China to survive oppression.

2 Likes

Or just simply it needs to be replaced. A Super Nintendo is not broken because it doesnā€™t play N64 games. It, and this law do exactly as intended, to prevent foreigners from joining while milking their benefits. We WANT it broken or replacedā€¦in our favour.

1 Like

Fair enough. But the break and replace scenario is what is needed everywhere. Be it chinaā€™s grip on taiwan, americas racism, or taiwans nationaljst ways. I have always argued for starting with destroying.househd regjstration. But even.that wknt happen and that alone would help with this issue and also indirectly help with the china issue on independence. But this break and replace issue likely wont happen in reality.

I agree with you.fully but in this.situation like to.call the situation at present broken as the likely.useful situation you describe doesnt seem feasible with current mentality. Could be wrong.

1 Like

Me too! They (Ashley Madison) are so full of shit. They claim to have 1.9 million members in Taiwan alone.
Remember when they got caught years ago? When they looked into who was posting and who was actually paying, it was just a bunch of guys chatting with a handful of other guys (who were pretending to be many different girls).
Who here believes that 1.9 million Taiwanese are on Ashley Madison hoping to cheat on their spouse?
Iā€™m guessing there are fewer than 10,000.

1 Like

Shit, really?

1 Like

A year after the Constitutional Court ruling, Taiwanā€™s anti-adultery law has finally been abolished.

Guy

5 Likes

A bit bloody late at my age. Next they will legalize weed ! Oh no they wonā€™t I forgot this is Asia, hey ho anal sex ok Cannabis no way!

1 Like