Construction on Sunday

I thought there were laws limiting construction. At least, no construction or noise on Sundays. I guess not because I was woken up at 8 am today with hammer drills. I have to say the quality of life in Taipei is excellent.

You just don’t understand Taiwan culture.

:slight_smile: Taiwanese feel insecure when everything is quiet. They think something is wrong:)

I understand, but after my 3 Super OX and vodka’s this morning it is still pissing me off.

OK, your drinkings going well, but I don’t think you’re listening to the correct music. Allow me to assist you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCX6KvfIovU

I like it but I need a few more I was just listening to

youtube.com/watch?v=u2TBsPqbEyc

Drowning out the hammer drill.

It 8 o’clock in the morning, you should be up cooking breakfast or something. Its like an alarm clock. Woo Woo

You live on a farm or something? Hurry off now and milk the cows.

You live on a farm or something? Hurry off now and milk the cows.[/quote]
Nah I just wake up at like 6-630 7 days a week.

Phone your local EPA agency to complaint about the noise, they’d get someone to test the noise level in the job site and the constructor/builder(s) should get fined afterwards; can’t say it’s most effective, as the fine is minimal (compared to their profit) but at least…it’s a way.

If you couldn’t care less, just get yourself a nice pair of ear plugs :smiley:

I haven’t woken up before noon in 4 years

What’s this “wake up” you are talking about? Is it some strange local custom?

I would look into this further but my full body anime pillow beckons.

I did that when i wasnt working and went to bed at 4 to 5 AM :slight_smile:

I want your job. :smiley:

I could not do this anymore unless I had an illness keeping me in bed. No matter when I go to bed, I wake up naturally between 545 and 630. If I can’t sleep by around 4 a new day turns in my head and I just power through the next day.

Extra Bass is the key.

I had people firing missiles at my house that were designed to explode outside my window with the maximum amount of distress possible caused. The police say that anything is legal as long as you say it’s “cultural”.

I’m leaving, it’s clear I have no rights here. I guess I just don’t love Taiwan enough.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]I had people firing missiles at my house that were designed to explode outside my window with the maximum amount of distress possible caused. The police say that anything is legal as long as you say it’s “cultural”.

I’m leaving, it’s clear I have no rights here. I guess I just don’t love Taiwan enough.[/quote]

After almost 3 years here. I will be leaving in June, guess I don’t love it enough either.

y’all be back :sunglasses:

I didn’t know Sundays had mornings too! What have I been missing??