Consultant for small business - branding

Hi,

Any recommendations for a consultant that can help with branding for consumer products? Our budget is fairly restricted and we are not a big case.

Try www.ddg.com.tw - American run brand consultancy here in Taipei

Good heavens, why?

I’ve interacted briefly with Mark and have been overwhelmingly unimpressed. My firm sent out RFPs a couple of years ago for a simple translation gig - he should not have a submitted a proposal. Forget about the high price tag he proposed, the sample translations were well below industry standard. My office was confused why he bothered to submit a proposal, he really should have declined if he didn’t have the stuff to show for it. It hurt him to submit such poor work. :s

I have also been to some of his quasi-mixer gatherings. I am thrilled about the idea of groups of entrepreneurs getting together on a regular basis exchanging experiences and support. But again, my experience was good talk, poor execution.

Maybe he was just having a bad month.

Anyway, don’t take my word for this. Just be sure to get at least 2 other quotations when evaluating DDG’s proposals.

Consider Worldshare ( world-share.com )Larry (the owner) knows what he is talking about, and draws upon his years in the advertising industry (before starting his own firm, he was Creative Director at Leo Burnett). His experience shows through when he talks. I also found him to be generous with his ideas and advice, even when he did not win assignments from my company. Very professional, talks straight.

Another recommendation for World-share as well. The only problem is that WS is not cheap. The OP has a tight budget. However, one should be ready to pay for quality and quality is what you will definitely get with WS.

Thanks for the leads. I couldn’t get contact details to come up on the World-Share website. Do you have an email address?

Check your PM asiababy.

Good heavens, why?

I’ve interacted briefly with Mark and have been overwhelmingly unimpressed. My firm sent out RFPs a couple of years ago for a simple translation gig - he should not have a submitted a proposal. Forget about the high price tag he proposed, the sample translations were well below industry standard. My office was confused why he bothered to submit a proposal, he really should have declined if he didn’t have the stuff to show for it. It hurt him to submit such poor work. :s

I have also been to some of his quasi-mixer gatherings. I am thrilled about the idea of groups of entrepreneurs getting together on a regular basis exchanging experiences and support. But again, my experience was good talk, poor execution.

Maybe he was just having a bad month.

Anyway, don’t take my word for this. Just be sure to get at least 2 other quotations when evaluating DDG’s proposals.

Consider Worldshare ( world-share.com )Larry (the owner) knows what he is talking about, and draws upon his years in the advertising industry (before starting his own firm, he was Creative Director at Leo Burnett). His experience shows through when he talks. I also found him to be generous with his ideas and advice, even when he did not win assignments from my company. Very professional, talks straight.[/quote]

How long ago was this? I never dealt with Mark, always with Steve. Steve was incredibly professional and great on the execution side.

UPDATE: I did some digging - Steve is no longer with DDG. As I said I know nothing about Mark.

Thanks everyone for the ideas and references. I visited worldshare earlier this week, and I liked the presentation and attitude, and the fact that their staff are very mulitcultural, too.

[quote=“AWOL”]How long ago was this? I never dealt with Mark, always with Steve. Steve was incredibly professional and great on the execution side.

UPDATE: I did some digging - Steve is no longer with DDG. As I said I know nothing about Mark.[/quote]
It was a year or two ago. I never felt a need to go back and check