Convenience Store Delivery vs Courier Delivery

I need your advice. My business partners and I are importing cosmetics and skin care products, and we would like to sell online to local Taiwanese customers. From my own experience shopping online in Taiwan, I am familiar with having the things I buy sent to the nearest 7-11 or FamilyMart, which will hold it for me for short time.

I realize I do not use the local courier companies to deliver when I buy from Taiwan merchants. I only receive deliveries from couriers like HeiMao (Black Cat?) when I buy from overseas.

As a seller in Taiwan selling to Taiwan-based customers, should even offer delivery by couriers like Black Cat? Or is deliver to convenience stores enough? I understand these will be choices we can offer when we set up our stores in Shopee and Ruten.

Do both. Customers here will complain either way you go. For hs, we hate dealing with pc hime, shoppee etc. For various reasons. So fat I have quite liked dealing with Ecpay (no english unfortunately). they are basically a local paypal type service. You can have a simple webstore on their site, but you are still on your own to generate sales unlike shopee etc which are slightly more like amazon and ebay. With them we accept 711, family mart, black cat and postal service. You will need to learn their fees but its not very complicated. You can imagine why each have pros and cons. And with post office new outdoor box drop off you call call them like a psuedo 24h service too.

When you accept 7, post and black cat, you make.95% of customers happy enough with shipping options.

1 Like

Thank you. This is very reassuring.

I agree with you about 7-11, Post Office and Black Cat probably covering 95% of online shoppers in Taiwan. It would wonderful if you have any references that I could read up and also refer to my Taiwanese partners (I don’t think anyone will disagree with the conclusion; just hoping there might be more references and links related to this)