Convert windows media center files to another(smaller)format

I am back in America now and am recording tv shows for a friend back in taiwan. The problem is that my new desktop came with widows media center. It’s a great program except that the files are too big. when I was in taiwan I used dvd shrink or nero to shrink the files but media center has some kind of block that won’t let me do anything to it. Does anyone know a way around it or should I just buy somemore hard drives.

I’ll find out how if you send me a copy too. :slight_smile:

(give me a while to look into it.)

Convert your Movie Files into divx or xvid format and the sound into mp3 or ac3… By using these codecs you can shrink the file size effectively, while not losing to much quality…

Try the Sowftware Auto Gordian Knot…
autogk.me.uk/

It is very easy to use, and lets you convert all kinds of movie data (DVD Raw data, recorded stuff etc.) into the desired format (divx, xvid etc.)…
I am not sure about “Media Center Files” … Never used Windows Media Center, and dont knwo how these files are stored… But Auto Gordian Knot normally takes everything as input…

Kind Regards,
Mr. Rice

UPDATE: Hmmm, just did a quick search about it… Apperently, Media Center uses its own format. Probably, Auto Gordian Knot will not be able to read the Media Center Files…
But check this blog entry…
eirikso.com/2005/11/15/conve … ia-center/
this tool looks very promising…
mcesoft.nl/index.php?option=com_ … Itemid=161

VLC might do the trick. You can use the Wizard mode to transcode video to xvid or another format. Take a look at KMplayer for windows as well.

Kmplayer
kmplayer.en.softonic.com/ie/47650

VLC
videolan.org/vlc/