Convicted of theft for picking up abandoned OBike

There’s nothing to get. These are historical “crimes”.

I have double sided tape on my shoes, just walk over it.

They cut off your fingers!

145worstday

I know that the both the parole office and prosecuters office are hard to get to without paying for taxis and the youth court is even worse. I know because a 16 year old relative had to see the parole officer for four years for shop lifting a 100NT$ item. He didn’t get on with the parole officer and it dragged on until he turned 20 and it was case over. He spent six weeks in Tu Chen young offenders institute (called re~education center ) and lost his place in high school. He’s now at university but older than the other kids. Youth sentencing is different as there are not fixed sentences as it falls under child protection so the judge can indefinitely imprison until 20 years of age.

10,000 NT$.

2 Likes

That does not have an owner.

Don’t pick it up with pliers, that’s a tool.

2 Likes

Putting double sided tape on your shoe, that’s making a tool to commit the crime, so defiantly aggravated theft, could be classed as going equipped.
As its done before hand you may even get conspiracy to commit a crime.
your looking at some serious time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now if that gum falls out your mouth and sticks to your shoe, and you only noticed there was some money stuck to it after you dropped your wallet. How could you have known it wasn’t yours?? :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

That’s just an application, like ‘duck’ tape!

1 Like

Stealing Ducks?? isn’t that livestock rustling

1 Like

It does… problem is if it’s in front of some camera and they see you picking it up that would be grounds for a charge. The right thing to do it seems is to take it to the police, and if no one claims it in 2 months it’s yours.

I heard in some states in the US stealing livestocks is still punishable by death.

If it’s a horse or cattle.

But its ok to steal his wife :wink:

What if he is married to a cow?

2 Likes

he will pay you to take her

My wife would probably say, “Take my cow…please!”

Milk dried up?

1 Like

She’s lactose intolerant. :sunglasses:

2 Likes