Cooking Indian Vegetarian Meals

Need some light here:-

As I would like to start Cooking Classes (in Hsinshu) so any suggestions???

You mean you want to start learning how to cook, right? Surely you don’t expect to find taiwanese offering Indian vegetarian cooking classes, do you?

If you want to start cooking great vegetarian meals get the Rebar Modern Cookbook. It’s written by the cooks at Rebar restaurant, a famous vegetarian restaurant in Victoria, BC, Canada. I brought a copy back with me and have been using it to cook almost every night. And I’m not a vegetarian.

Haven’t had a singler meal not turn out delicious. It’s not all Indian cooking but there are some Indian dished such as an amazing chickpea curry.

All ingredients I have been able to find in Taiwan. I suggest you write down what staples you need (spices, flour, beans, etc) and come to Taipei to get them. Then you need only hit your local grocery for meats, veggies, etc.

But in here am talking about myself giving cooking lessons to interested people since I love cooking.

Well for a start, you could feel free to post any of your home-made Indian veggie recipes you’d care to share with us. Are you Indian? What area?

Have you tried Justco in the basement of Windance? They have a great selection of spices and ingredients. I found curry powder there once. It’s B2. Just follow the people who are going down.

Thanks for the suggestion. I ordered the Rebar cookbook and have been delighted with the meals we’ve made so far. This is an excellent cookbook!

Thanks for the suggestion. I ordered the Rebar cookbook and have been delighted with the meals we’ve made so far. This is an excellent cookbook![/quote]

Hey great. What are your favorite recipes? I can’t get enough of the Autumn pasta and the chickpea curry soup. The first time I sampled the soup as I was cooking it almost brought tears to my eyes. I have created this? :notworthy:

Thanks for the suggestion. I ordered the Rebar cookbook and have been delighted with the meals we’ve made so far. This is an excellent cookbook![/quote]

Hey great. What are your favorite recipes? I can’t get enough of the Autumn pasta and the chickpea curry soup. The first time I sampled the soup as I was cooking it almost brought tears to my eyes. I have created this? :notworthy:[/quote]
Spinach linguine with pickled artichokes, capers and kalamata olives. To die for!