Cool ! Poagao in DPP TV ad!

neato… any chance of an english translation? :smiley:

[quote=“Poagao”]As for the ad, yes, that’s me. I was under the impression that it wouldn’t be such a directly political thing, which was stupid of me to believe.[/quote]Saw you on the telly last night explaining yourself, and how you were going to vote for Lian.
Wonder if that still makes you a traitor according to some on here, when you’re the one who has sacrificed a lot just to be Taiwanese, and even willingly joined the army ?

Is it just me and my faulty research, or is the ad really an Executive Yuan, not a DPP, ad? If it is just a government ad, can’t he vote for whomever he pleases?

I thought it a pity that Poagao’s ad was ditched so quickly. I wanted to get another look at it, but didn’t see it again after that first day. The ad it was originally paired with, featuring another American-turned-Taiwanese-citizen Westerner, has been broadcast over and over again.

Did they drop your ad because you objected to its use as DPP election propaganda, Poagao? Or was it because they discovered that you’re an adherent of the pan-blue camp and realized how embarrassing that could be for them?

Anyway, I’m sorry to hear that you’ll be casting your vote for such unworthy candidates. Is it because you’re tired of holding an ROC passport and would like to change it again for a PRC one in the near future? :wink:

You don’t have to deal with troublesome voting at all over there.

Maybe he’d rather live in that bastion of freedom, the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong. You don’t have to deal with troublesome voting at all over there.[/quote]
WTF are you talking about? Why don’t you do some basic research before shooting off prematurely. Hong Kong has quite a few positions that are filled through direct elections.

Maybe he’d rather live in that bastion of freedom, the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong. You don’t have to deal with troublesome voting at all over there.[/quote]
WTF are you talking about? Why don’t you do some basic research before shooting off prematurely. Hong Kong has quite a few positions that are filled through direct elections.[/quote]

and laws in Hong Kong actually mean something too.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]Saw [him] on the TV news last night explaining himself, and how he were going to vote for Lien.
[/quote]

Was he being interviewed in relationship to the earlier advertorial or was it just a man on the street interview?

And omni, who was the other person in the other ad you saw and why did they keep that ad on air and not poagao’s ad.

And was it, finally, a real DPP ad, paid for by DPP, or was it as someone suggested, a government Exec Yawn ad?

Everything will be decided on Saturday, and now the TVBS exit poll people say they will announce the winner at 4:01 pm, although the gov won’t say until 7:31 pm.

The link to the ad does not work anymore, do any of you know where to get it?

Jive Turkey:

Ah c’mon man. I’m starting to think you might not be a patriot!

Tee hee.

Well done Paogao. I’m with Omni on this. Pity I’m not there to experience the campaign.

HG

Edit:

Um, just read the post on your website Paogao.
Is that egg dripping off my nose?

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]… just read the post on your website Poagao.
[/quote]

It does seem he got caught between a rock and hard place, Huang Guang Chen, i.e., between the DPP and the KMT. It will all be forgotten after the election.

But what is all this stuff about the DPP suing him? and why? On what basis?

What’s next? An APPLE DAILY expose? Anything’s possible with those dickheads.

[Reporter spack and cameraman jog alongside Poagao. Spack sticks microphone in Poagoa’s face]

Are you really getting sued, Poagao?
Will they actually go through with it, or are they just threatening to sue?
What kind of penalty do you face if they win the case?
If they sue, what do you think your chances are of winning?

I clicked onto Poagao’s banner just now, and found that his website is currently unavailable.

Is that just a coincidence, or could it possibly be in any way connected with repercussions from his recent involvement in local politicking?

The poor fellow has, largely inadvertently it seems, trodden on a lot of political toes these last couple of weeks, and I hope it’s not landed him in any trouble.

Poagao? Are you there? Is everything okay?

He’s probaly still at the CEC!! :smiley:

Poagao?
Speak to us. I’m worried about you!
Hey, if ya’ll are really concerned about him you should attend the Urban Nomad Film thingy tonight (like me) or tomorrow. I’m sure you’ll see him there.
Poagao???
:cry:

I’m guessing that between the film festival and the election kerfuffle, his website has been getting a bit more traffic than usual. And he’s probably busy with the film thingy. Hope he’s ok if my gueses are wrong, though!

I checked his blog, and there is an mage of some documents, then a post that says “On hiatus”. Did the DPP really come down on him?

5pm today: Just saw Poagao on TVBS interview show, 30 minutes, in studio. What was he talking about? One on one interview with some newscaster. Should repeat later tonight, not the regulare TVBS news channel but the other TVBS news channel. is that clear? Seems like his 15 minutes of fame have expanded exponentially to 35 minutes, with more to come no doubt. Anyone else see it today? Maybe Poagoa can give us a link to the streaming video or a transcript.

And his blog is back up and running, sort of.

It won’t surprise me to see Poagao being hoisted shoulder high as a hero of the pan-blue media for a while. They’ll be wanting to make the most of him as they’ve had precious few foreigners of any note willing to speak up for them either before or after the election.

Anyway, if it consoles them, then jolly good for all concerned, and I hope Poagao manages to cash in on it as much as he can.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]It won’t surprise me to see Poagao being hoisted shoulder high as a hero of the pan-blue media for a while. They’ll be wanting to make the most of him as they’ve had precious few foreigners of any note willing to speak up for them either before or after the election.

Anyway, if it consoles them, then jolly good for all concerned, and I hope Poagao manages to cash in on it as much as he can.[/quote]

He’s not a foreigner.