Corn Alley Gelato in Pingtung County (also sold overseas)

This one from Corn Alley in Pingtung, two sisters who returned home make this. Nice if you can find it.

2 Likes

I just read through the link (machine-translated version). I’m relieved to see that they don’t seem to use corn as a main ingredient - so now I’ll keep my eye out for them.

I dunno how others will feel, but to me that’s an unfortunate name. My first thought was “Corn soup is already impossible to avoid - and now they’re making ice cream with that flavor?!”

3 Likes

My rotten old brain is insisting that “corn alley” is some sort of euphemism.

2 Likes

That is my thought every time i eat the ice cream, i was contemplating uploading a photo to the funny photos thread.

1 Like

What is your brain telling you it really means? FYI: Its the street’s name where they are located. Wonder if they will keep for exported markets they have now?

1 Like

Yes, I see that, and it’s still funny for different reasons in Chinese (at least to my non-native-speaker brain). The English words are a poor choice for a restaurant name because of their resemblance to the American-slang word “cornhole”.

2 Likes

haha, I new meaning to me,

Back to the shop, nice taste hope others get a chance to try.

2 Likes

Where did you buy it? Trying to see where else it is sold.

1 Like

I have had a couple of times when out and about, the last time I had was here
https://goo.gl/maps/T3KvKUtbkHdizB639

In Pingtung City next to the spots centre, its a restaurant and shop that supports local farmers/businesses.

1 Like

Thanks, local is always nice!