Corn Alley Gelato in Pingtung County (also sold overseas)

This one from Corn Alley in Pingtung, two sisters who returned home make this. Nice if you can find it.

3 Likes

I just read through the link (machine-translated version). I’m relieved to see that they don’t seem to use corn as a main ingredient - so now I’ll keep my eye out for them.

I dunno how others will feel, but to me that’s an unfortunate name. My first thought was “Corn soup is already impossible to avoid - and now they’re making ice cream with that flavor?!”

3 Likes

My rotten old brain is insisting that “corn alley” is some sort of euphemism.

2 Likes

That is my thought every time i eat the ice cream, i was contemplating uploading a photo to the funny photos thread.

1 Like

What is your brain telling you it really means? FYI: Its the street’s name where they are located. Wonder if they will keep for exported markets they have now?

1 Like

Yes, I see that, and it’s still funny for different reasons in Chinese (at least to my non-native-speaker brain). The English words are a poor choice for a restaurant name because of their resemblance to the American-slang word “cornhole”.

2 Likes

haha, I new meaning to me,

Back to the shop, nice taste hope others get a chance to try.

2 Likes

Where did you buy it? Trying to see where else it is sold.

1 Like

I have had a couple of times when out and about, the last time I had was here

In Pingtung City next to the spots centre, its a restaurant and shop that supports local farmers/businesses.

2 Likes

Thanks, local is always nice!

1 Like

Someone mentioned this place to me, so I want to try ! What did you try besides the Ice Cream and any recommened dishes?

2 Likes

To be honest the food was nice, but nothing to write home about, they use the local ingredients but its still a set meal type of thing (you can see the photos on google). The shop area had local produce some fresh and some frozen, these are the ingredients they use in the shop so if you like something you can take some home.

1 Like

Had the fruit flavor ices, was nice

2 Likes