Coronavirus - America (November-December 2020)

America’s 250,000 covid deaths: People die, but little changes

From the start of the pandemic, public health officials and many political leaders hoped that covid’s frightening lethality — the death toll will hit 250,000 this week — might unite the country in common cause against the virus’s spread.

But the nation’s deep divisions — political and cultural — as well as the virus’s concentrated impact on crowded urban areas in the early months, set the country on a different path.

Now, more than eight months into a pandemic that shows no sign of abating, it has become clear that although close experiences with covid-19 do change some people’s attitudes, many Americans stick to their original notions, no matter what sorrows they’ve seen, no matter where they live.

And a personal favorite:

1 Like

Hopefully (most) Americans will act responsibly.

How government responds actually matters

And it is happening again as my pal reports from up north…

Toilet paper aisle yo.

And some idjet on FOX suggested we name the vaccine a ‘Trump’, did you get your ‘Trump’ already? To honor him? Really?

1 Like

I’d rather take a single dose of JFK than a two-shot series of Trump.

How else do you get covidiots to take a vaccine? Name it after their dear leader.

2 Likes

They should call it Freedom

Freedom shots!

This naming could also bring aboard Second Amendment enthusiasts too.

Guy

They could call the virus “Trump” and the vaccine “Biden”.
“I was infected with Trump, but thank God I was vaccinated with Biden.”

Seems to be the same around here (Seattle) since Gov. Inslee reinforced covid prevention measures last Tuesday.

1 Like

Drain the Swamp! That lying unqualified fraud Scott Atlas finally leaves the White House.

Houston doctor worked 256 days without a day off. Here he is on Thanksgiving Day.

Third wave is upon us. Let’s see how each state is doing so far. The best way to measure this is by case per million. The national average is 43,913 cases per million population. There are 28 states doing worse than the national average.

Of these states, Texas is on the track of doing much worse than others with over 17,000 new cases and 200 new deaths per day. Florida and Illinois are doing pretty shitty as well.

Out of the rest of the states doing better than the US average, 3 states are on the pace of catching up to the front runners, California, New York and Pennsylvania.

Anyway, these numbers aren’t sustainable. If people don’t change their behaviors and halt the third wave, the hospitals are going to be overwhelmed again., that’s when deaths will really pick up.

Surprise! Trump puts out fake news smearing Covid doctor- I bet his supporters are chuckling.
“Someone is risking his life trying to save other people, and we managed to lie about him. MAGA!”

2 Likes

Trump had ‘warp speed’ for his vaccine, the UK had the ‘spore drive’! :rofl: :popcorn:

1 Like

One rule for one and one rule for others. Corruption: