Coronavirus - America

It seems like he’s upset that they cost the same as a small car. :neutral_face: What about those F35s sitting around not doing a whole lot. Just order the damn things and save your citizens. In Ireland the government is paying unemployment benefit to all laid off of 350 euro a week and ramping up all medical equipment purchasing for the country. Nobody is fighting each other about this budget or that budget.

5 Likes

Democrats in 2016: “We can’t elect Trump, he’ll be an authoritarian!
Democrats in 2019: “We have to impeach Trump! If we don’t, he might not ever leave office because he’s such an authoritarian!
Democrats in 2020: “Why won’t Trump seize private property and become an authoritarian?!?

3 Likes

Trump is very different depending on who he’s talking to and the purpose of the talk. I’ll bet that it will be the Chinese Virus again soon enough.

Seriously? When the guy writes at above a 4th grade level it’s a victory for him and you’re going to ding him for capitalizing virus?

4 Likes

Yup. If we don’t fund the Kennedy Center, NPR, the House of Reps’ salaries, the national endowment for the arts, the national endowment for humanities, schools with endowments of hundreds of millions of dollars…everyone will DIE!

I don’t understand this comment.

2 Likes

While the GOP was trying to get a spending bill out as quickly as possible, the democrats were demanding (and succeeding in getting) all the unnecessary pork mentioned above in the bill.

:wall:

:runaway:

Umm what?

NY has 12k and thousands not in use right now. Trump is sending 4K more with FEMA sending 400 more. I don’t think it’s wise to send 30-40k from the federal stockpile right now. There are 49 other states you know. But whatever. Not to mention he enacted the Defense production act to get GM to produce ventilators.

But he did help them get more…

Mona has a bad case of TDS. Nice to see her now compare Trump to Xi. Can’t tell if it’s a step forward or back from her comparison of Trump to Hitler and Mussolini.

So

Xi: Actively suppresses information, kicked out foreign reporters, detained the doctor who tried to tell the world and other people who tried to speak out. Multiple people who spoke out are now missing still.

Trump: Blow smoke with some BS and tried to calm people down with puffery. Slow to respond like all the western leaders who were mislead by the WHO and China.

Yup, looks like the same.

FYI, Mona is kind of more like Xi. She deleted a bunch of comment including mine on the article you posted lol.

1 Like

I noticed her name on National Review’s “Against Trump” cover for their February 15, 2016, issue.

1 Like

Totally not biased at all. And repeatedly lied and misrepresented what Trump said or did. Did not correct even when called out.

1 Like

What you mean is the GOP predictably tried to ram a bill through that didn’t have enough worker protection, whose bailout money didn’t go to everyday people but instead directed 500 billion towards a corporate bailout.

I know you want to give Mitch McConnell more money instead of helping Americans going broke, but sorry no sane congress regardless of party listens to any GOP fianancial advice anymore. Game over, step aside.

4 Likes

The US is currently saddled with the most incompetent, irresponsible, and anti-science leadership in its entire history. They prefer to listen to conspiracy theorists and religious hucksters than the actual experts and professionals. Like all authoritarians, trump and the GOP care only about image, money, and power, neglecting human life and scientific fact.

Have you ever noticed trump showing any humility or ever holding himself accountable for his misdeeds? No; it is not the nature of a narcissist. Ever since I first noticed him in the late 80s, trump has always been “Me me me.” It is never a good idea to put such people in power.

11 Likes

Ram it through by getting Schumer and the Dems onboard? Remember, Schumer was ready to pass this bill until Pelosi stepped in and tried to give money to the completely non-coronavirus related institutions I mentioned above.

Cash directly to workers seems like protection to me.

Firstly, this isn’t a corporate bailout. It’s a relief package. The companies didn’t do anything wrong in their business. The government, rightly or wrongly, shut down their ability to do business. Second, the money provided loans to SMEs and the loans would be 100% forgiven if used for wages.

Nope, less money.

The Democrats exposed themselves this week by holding the American public hostage to fund fringe pork, racist and sexist quotas, and aspects of the green new deal…all crap that they couldn’t normally do.

4 Likes

I totally agree.

Oh, you meant the GOP and Trump? I just thought you were talking about leftists.

1 Like

I don’t agree with the GOP on the bill. But holy fuck, the Dems were just pathetic here.

Why do you never call them out?

Since you got so upset I didn’t answer your question (when I did). I’m still waiting on my question of where my bias for Trump is.

HE would not be wrong, Xi is A cunt fullstop…