Coronavirus and Religion

There’s nothing odd about it. If they call it a divine punishment (in the tradition of AIDS and what not), the fact that churches were implicated in the spread early on doesn’t work in their favor, and if churches are implicated further down the road, that makes it worse. They’re spinning it while it’s still new and disorienting. As long as the spin sticks, they’ll be fine.

Yes, it would.

No. Duh…

Del

People have been suffering for millions of years, long before Coronavirus. Clever of you to suddenly pick up on the problem.

8 Likes

…with regard to coronavirus? I’m not seeing that much death and suffering yet, but maybe you’re reading different news articles than I am.

As for the rest, I haven’t had enough coffee yet.

Way to frame the free will defense at a level OP can understand.

I still can’t get over how @anon38216271 chose God’s pronouns! :astonished:

Did God send you an email and sign it “they/them”? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Apparently God is Him+Her joined together. Sounds good.

祂 is the way to go.

7 Likes

And those of faith would say 祂 is indeed the only way.

2 Likes

Thanks for the virus by the way. Nice touch

1 Like

Free will. And I warned you.

Leviticus 11:13-19 New International Version (NIV)

13 “‘These are the birds you are to regard as unclean and not eat because they are unclean: the eagle,[a] the vulture, the black vulture, 14 the red kite, any kind of black kite, 15 any kind of raven, 16 the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk, 17 the little owl, the cormorant, the great owl, 18 the white owl, the desert owl, the osprey, 19 the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat.

3 Likes

Free will? Sorry, what?

So you’re advocating to follow all the restrictions in Leviticus and the OT?

No, just messing around. Not really into these debates in the forums anymore. Carry on you guys.

3 Likes

Well, that’s good at least. Anyway, thanks again God

What’s a hoopoe?

Edit: I looked it up. They’re cute. Good candidate for the bird thread.

2 Likes

Knew from James Michener - The Source. Good read

God is debugging a memory leak

1 Like

Why did you not consider God is punishing us as an option?

People die of all sorts of diseases all the time. It doesn’t take you that long once you’re born to realize people get sick and die all the time. What makes this particularly different?

Life is temporary, even on this board as one of our posters fell ill and passed away. It’s a fact of life. Life without suffering Doesn’t exist in a imperfect world. To theists, the isn’t the final home and was never meant to be “perfect” without any pain and suffering. most theist would probably say you are guaranteed pain and suffering in this world.

3 Likes

Intellectual masturbation aside, if they ever make this into a movie, Samuel L. Jackson should totally play the coronavirus.