Coronavirus - China

That is outstanding! I feel an Alanis Morissette song coming on.

And yet just 3 days ago you were still agreeing with the CCP that everything was under control!

1 Like

Yes, I think you dont understand how adults have discussion. Iā€™m not really vested in any of the right-wing boomer crusades on here, and only care about the reality of the situation. Its not about trying to win a competition or how you want things to be, its looking at metrics and accounts and trying to make an actual assessment of the situation, rather than just drinking the Kool-Aid. Critical thinking, some people call it

China looks like to have things under control still, but the CNY situation is dicey. Bear in mind, I dont care if they dont have it under control, Im not supporting a team, just want to see what is actually happening, rather than what I prefer to be happening.

For the last time, because its beyond tedious now, ā€œout of controlā€ would mean losing control of the situation, as in cant easily turn things around. For example, we now have domestic infections in Taiwan, but the government has the means and contact tracing to contain the outbreak, even if it spreads to 100 people. Out of control is Brazil or the US, where the economy is severely negatively affected and the country is effectively shut down. China isnt like that, it was this time last year and despite what you read in Breitbart or Falun Gong media, it hasnt been since about April. If there is evidence to say otherwise, then can change that position

4 Likes

The big risk is the factory workers, going to countryside from from the Pearl River Delta area or whatever. China is so big, so many people and so many variables that if there is even a minor outbreak, this could bring things crashing down.

Saying that, even in a disaster like last year. They do have the mechanisms, tech and lack of respect for individual rights to turn things around in a month

Initial epidemiological investigations indicate the company produced the batch of ice cream using raw materials, including milk powder imported from New Zealand and whey powder imported from Ukraine.

God damn Ukrainian whey powder. Always gets ya.

2 Likes

Good answer. I wish I could like it twice!

3 Likes

Was the same with Taiwanese and Falun Gong last year getting excited for a month that the Three Gorges Dam would collapse. I have every sympathy for why people would fantasize that it would happen(collapse the economy, destroy the regime and all troubles are gone), but it was never actually going to happen.

Its just telling yourself what you want to hear rather than dealing with any reality.

1 Like

LOL, it canā€™t be both!

Sure, hereā€™s another one for your trouble.

Buy another pair!

1 Like

Please dont tag me anymore, I just dont think Iā€™m getting much from this relationship.

Feel like im in a conversation with the local QAnon Shaman

1 Like

The dam will collapse once the water volume exceeds the engineering designed maximum. It didnā€™t collapse last year because China opened the gates to flood down stream cities and farms regardless of human suffering. They also got lucky because the rains died down in time.

However, with climate change intensifying, they wonā€™t be so lucky next time. Same thing goes for droughts here in Taiwan. It will only get worse. Every year we escape that fate, itā€™s luck, not ā€œnever actually going to happenā€.

As far as COVID-19 goes, itā€™s safe to assume every number out of China is false. Pretending that they are being truthful internally about the numbers is also laughable. Nothing is truthful in China.

1 Like

Sure, I have never once done that. Absolutely agree with what you are saying. You cannot trust anything from the Chinese government and any figures they give you want to multiply by ten. The ice cream and frozen food stuff is also a fucking joke.

But this isnt the main point of the conversation, its looking at the other information available and deducing the actual COVID situation in China, rather than what one fantasizes it to be. Or rather that the government has ā€œlost controlā€ when absolutely nothing suggests that yet.

1 Like

Even if it was to collapse, the country wouldnt. If you read LTN or SETV or Epoch times last year, it was absolutely going to collapse at any moment and end the CCP. People were salivating over it.

I understand why would feel that way, but we need to deal with the reality that China isnā€™t just going to collapse like the Soviet Union, no matter how much we want it to.

2 Likes

1 Like

The amount of denial and fantasy being thrown around here, makes this particularly ironic. It literally is the same experience as discussing with Wu Mao, just the Trumpy version.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are very argumentative and verbose! Again, this much of ā€œwe have things under controlā€ has a lot of make-ups, but well, you believe in what you want to. But you cannot make other have the same point of view you have being verbose. The false sense of ā€œhave things under controlā€ is what is killing the world.

1 Like

:see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

The Irony!

Yes exactly, good point well made.

1 Like

There are, and have been more cases of covid in China than the government acknowledges.
There are more, and greater, outbreaks than the government acknowledges.
There is a danger that there may be much greater and more widespread outbreaks over the CNY.
All of which Orange Organics has acknowledged.

Where the line is crossed into fantasy is the attitude of some posters of ā€œI donā€™t like the CCP; therefore covid-19 is raging out of control in Chinaā€.

5 Likes