Coronavirus crisis open thread - March

2 Likes

Like chickens to the fox. Many will die.

Egypt added at level 2.

Level 3

• China, Hong Kong, Macao, South Korea, Italy, Iran
  • 14 self quarantine

Level 2

• Japan, Singapore, France, Germany, Spain, Egypt
  • 14 day self management

Level 1

• Thailand

27 European countries and Dubai are required to practice a 14-day home quarantine after entering Taiwan

More info at https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/List/7tUXjTBf6paRvrhEl-mrPg

1 Like

One for Dr_Milker

" Hindu group hosts cow urine drinking party to ward off coronavirus

Dozens of Hindu activists in India hosted a cow urine-drinking party. Some members of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Hindu nationalist party have claimed that cow urine and dung can prevent and cure COVID-19."

Hindu cow pee drinking party to battle Covid-19

4 Likes

Time to add the US to the list!

2 Likes

Just as I predicted.

5 Likes

All 27 EU Schengen countries, as well as the UK, Ireland and Dubai are also on Level 3 starting 17th March.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Sshh…

Because we don’t need people visiting now from Europe as many people have been infected there. Just stating my opinion he doesn’t have to like it. All recent covid cases are imported. This is my home. If not a citizen or resident I say ban all entry !

6 Likes

I haven’t been able to find anything more current than the link that @afterspivak posted:

4 Likes

France, Germany and Spain all have thousands of cases. No way they should be Level 2.

And these shouldn’t be Level 3. HK has handled this well and doesn’t have many at all. Neither does Macao. They need to switch these with those European petri-dishes.

2 Likes

Taiwan CDC website is the official source. Mind you the English version is a few hours behind:
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En

3 Likes

They moved them up to level 3 but it takes effect from tomorrow.

2 Likes

This kind of reporting really triggers me.
Forbes says the entire world is at least level 2.

Yet…
US State Department says…

Oh I forgot…Taiwan is a fictitious place in the eyes of the world.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Late, but new info is no. The recess has been cancelled- but they did take a break from Thursday night to Monday night. Various Republican Senators were poo-pooing the idea of doing anything like the time off for working people that was in the House bill, but now that Trump is on board they might support it.

What do people think? Coronaviruswar- maaaaybe not a good time to take off on a skiing holiday? Now you need your ass rescued?
Wow
(from The Guardian)

3 Likes

Wow, the pound seems to be tanking even more than it did during the endless Brexit discussions. (Just checked as I’m on my way to withdraw some money from my UK account.)

2 Likes

Wow could it end up worse than the US$? I feel better off than I did 1 hour ago. You think the price of a Londonian MacDonalds happy meal will become close to Taiwan MacDonalds? :grin:

4 Likes