Coronavirus Crisis Open Thread - April

I’ll kick this month off with a gift of one of my songs. We all have to take this one day at a time.

6 Likes

It’s all uphill from here.

2 Likes

Mad when you think about it that the whole world’s economy is going down the shitter because one bloke in China wanted to eat a bat

2 Likes

Not with the US doubling rate still at 2~3 days it ain’t

1 Like

No, China want to eat bat I can understand. The entire Western leaders acting like amateurs, that I didn’t expect.

10 Likes

Oh yay. Another month of Hell. :heart:

2 Likes

I had almost forgotten it is already April. The lingering evil

1 Like

I think I’m confused on how that idiom works.

1 Like

April. The worst is still to come!

Hey, January 2021 seems to be an “if we’re lucky” possible date for a vaccine to be ready for general use - we’re in for many, many months of this yet!

The attempts by writers (and us at this site!) to find something new to examine is starting to become amusing. The mostly forgotten 1918 pandemic has now been pretty thoroughly excavated and unforgotten, I’d say; I’m now seeing articles about the 1957 flu pandemic, and another about Charles II’s relative-for-the-time embrace of science and how that helped mitigate the 1640s plague in London.

I assume TV writers have produced approximately a million quarantine bottle-episode scripts.

I just hope that when April 1 hits in the USA in a few hours, April Fool’s Day goes un-“celebrated” this year.

3 Likes

Ms Tsai will address the nation at 10.30.

4 Likes

:clock1030: :eyes:

Every so often posts like this will remind me I’m twitchier about this than I realize. “10:30?! Isn’t the usual briefing in the afternoon?! Why so early?! WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN?!?!?!??!?!?! :runaway:

Sigh. My inner Icon acting up.

9 Likes

Taiwan will have 1000 cases by 14 April. Bet?

I believe she’s going to announce our official secession from China including the renouncement of our claim to Outer Mongolia.

5 Likes

:runaway: My inner Icon too.

2 Likes

No!!! The dream is dead!!!

2 Likes

Dammit why am I posting in the wrong thread.

From Feb. 11 :bat: :curry:

1 Like