Coronavirus Crisis Open Thread - April

Meanwhile in Brazil, Bolsonaro blames the deaths on the governors who enforce lockdowns. Yeah, logic ain´t his forte. As a matter of fact, he is promoting civil unrest and disobedience. In the middle of a pandemic. And does not care about the dead, just as he did not care about the fire.

Bust-up in Brasília

Jair Bolsonaro’s dangerous divorce

Brazil’s justice minister storms out, calling the president a scofflaw

The Americas

Apr 29th 2020

SÃO PAULO

ON APRIL 19TH Brazil’s president, Jair Bolsonaro, climbed onto a lorry outside army headquarters in Brasília to fire up protesters who were calling for a shutdown of Congress and the Supreme Court. Soon after, according to Folha de S. Paulo, a newspaper, he learned that federal police were investigating allegations that one of his sons, Carlos, runs an online fake-news network that may have inspired the protest. On April 24th Mr Bolsonaro sacked the head of the federal police. Hours later the justice minister, Sérgio Moro, resigned. He accused the president on television of “political interference” in the police to shield his family.

Mr Moro’s resignation is the biggest political blow to Mr Bolsonaro since he became president at the beginning of 2019. An army captain turned congressman, Mr Bolsonaro rose from obscurity by exploiting anger at corruption. His appointment as justice minister of Mr Moro, a judge who jailed scores of politicians and businessmen as leader of the Lava Jato (Car Wash) anti-corruption investigations, signalled his determination to fight graft. Now Mr Moro, a hero to many Brazilians, has accused his former boss of obstructing justice. If an investigation backs that claim, Mr Bolsonaro could be impeached

5 Likes

I love that Australia is slowly waking up to the Chinese threat.

4 Likes

Looks like gas mask will be needed in Sweden

1 Like

Yeah, and it’s about time. It’s pretty hard to ignore all those attached strings at this point.

2 Likes

Japan´s guidelines are skewed. It is not only a problem with testing, but also denying treatment, literally hiding its head in the sand.

2 Likes

Well remember who’s most effected /s.

I recall reading about a wealthy family who’s maid got sick. Put her in a cab and sent her home. IIRC she died.

1 Like

I love Europe

Good news!

“A clinical expert panel on Wednesday also concluded that recovered coronavirus patients who later test positive for the virus again were not “reactivated” or reinfected, but were false positives.”

5 Likes

The month of May …Hold my 40 dawg…

1 Like

“Weapons of Mass Destruction” was coined for, and applied to, atomic bombs and radiological weapons (‘dirty bombs’) from 1945 to 2001, when George W. Bush muddied the term to apply to Saddam’s use of gas against his own people and Iran to stampede the American people to war- and added ‘biological’ to the mix because ooh, scary. It’s propaganda.
“Weapon” implies corona virus was being studied for military purposes- either offensive or defensive- and is again used to skip over the question of whether the Wuhan lab was studying the disease for control reasons- which is certainly possible. There is no evidence it was being used for military reasons.

“Is there anyway someone could weaponize the bird flu ?”
“Someone doesn’t have to weaponize bird flu . The birds are doing that.”.- Contagion

Sure I can help you hold your 40 dwag!! What is a dwag?
*dawg

It’s when you misspell “dawg.”

2 Likes

Hahahah! Think I started off by miss reading it.

Gotta stop drinking those 40s in the daytime. :wink:

1 Like

If I tell you, then I’ll be accused of letting them out. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
1 Like

Don’t quit your day job, Forbes…

2 Likes
1 Like

This is a tough tough period of time in history…

1 Like