Coronavirus crisis open thread - March

if he is so dumb why is he the only leader on the planet who does stand up to china? he might be a douche bag who doesn’t think before he speaks but evidently he is smarter than a lot of leaders when it comes to china.

not smart enough to have seen through the CCPs bullshit and prevented the spread of the virus in america but hey you gotta give him some credit, the china virus speak is a step in the right direction.

5 Likes

A PX mart I popped into, was much more packed than usual an hour ago.

2 Likes

I just wanted to second that

Seems like San Fran has locked down.

1 Like

I am pretty sure China is completely transparent and much more well prepared than any other western country, that’s why Italians are falling and China did not :popcorn:

2 Likes

That was two days ago.

At least you still go all those open-air gyms in every park. Here in Seattle they got maybe four of these in the whole city.

1 Like

Oops. I just heard about it.

I sure hope my ex who lives there catches plague.

3 Likes

Interesting choice of background music…

It’s infantile bullshit that would get a kindergartner called out. Just because China is doing so doesn’t mean the POS has to fall in line and blab about it on TV and shit. How about we wait for a scientific determination and assess it on that level. It’s a tremendous embarrassment, as usual, but, fuck him.

3 Likes

again, not a lockdown.
a lockdown does Not allow you to leave your residence.
it is a shelter-in-place. been ongoing two days.
lockdown is a step harsher

3 Likes

Yeah, all that shredding in the background is a little incongruous…

I’m translating from Chinese according to my family’s group chat. Translates to “locked city.” :idunno:

Yep some panic buying going on.

1 Like

nonsense.

the CCP are using propaganda to switch the narrative away from themselves for their own benefit.

we need the narrative switched back to china, we need to change how we deal with china and raise the level of vigilance when dealing with this evil self serving regime.

if another outbreak happens, which it will (china will change nothing in terms of preventing virus’s popping up) we cannot deal with it in the same way, the results will be exactly the same.

but hey, keep insulting trump because he is a dumb dumb or whatever, i’m sure thats going to help.

6 Likes

shelter-in-place not that bad, although @tommy525 may think otherwise.
You can still walk around, just need to keep 2-meter feel-good space around you.
Can go jogging, biking, walking in parks

2 Likes

I was there yesterday. Posted the situation in another thread. It is going to get scarier.

2 Likes

This sounds nice

Celebrate compatriots! We’ve won!

SARS was easier to contain because it doesn’t spread asymptotically, and the symptoms occur and deteriorates swiftly.

5 Likes

Just came back from hospital, had to be there on Monday too, ramp up in entry procedures today. Everyone had to punch their insurance card when entering and fill out a “I haven’t been overseas or coughing” form.

5 Likes