Coronavirus crisis open thread - March

Thanks for sharing whats in your head. :no_mouth::grin:

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/E5j4DIellR4

(Ha, Ha. Would join in with this one, but I’m done with coronavirus for the day.)

2 Likes

I was really shocked today at my uni. As they have been doing since term began, everybody has to have their temperature checked when entering. Today, however, you had to show your student/staff cards as well.
But that’s not what rendered me aghast.
During my breaks, I go to the bathroom to wash my hands. I’m fastidious about it. I do a seriously thorough job. While I’m cleaning away, a student joins me at the other basin and starts proceeding to do the same! I mean, the bloke is studiously scrubbing, nails and everything, for about a minute!
But despite having NEVER seen a local washing their hands with such scrutiny and intense concentration, that’s not what nearly caused my aneurysm.
Wait for it…

HE’S DOING IT WITHOUT FUCKING SOAP!

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I’m shaking as I turn towards him.

Me: What are you doing?
Him: (Incredulous at my stupidity) I’m washing my hands!
Me: Well, you’ve just wasted a few minutes of your time.
Him: Why?
Me: No matter how well you scrub, if you’re not using soap, you’re wasting your time.
Him: (Astonished) Really?!
Me: Yes. Now do it again. This time with soap. And I’m going to watch you.

It’s as if he didn’t even know! :grimacing:

Guy

10 Likes

I’m not so sure soap makes that much difference compared to washing with water only. But, I don’t want this to degenerate into a discussion similar to the effectiveness of masks.

Also, the student might have had some kind of dermatitis and was avoiding soap.

I think you need to lay off the kids in general, as you’re coming across as a bit of a bully.

1 Like

Soap destroys the outer protein/sugar layer of the virus. That is why it is the most effective. Yea, it makes a big difference. Better than alcohol.

The kids do not know it because the adults/elders do not practice it nor tell them.

A few weeks ago, we were all in saving water mode, just a small trickle. Took this to have a larger trickle.

I also have a skin problem, can’t use alcohol as disinfectant. Must carry soap at all times.

16 Likes

Look, I pray he’s right and not just shooting off the cuff again. The only thing worse than knowing you’re fucked is having false hope and then getting fucked anyway.

I got a childhood pal, MIT summa cum laude engineer. Got to talking today, is grateful the chem trails have stopped.

Sigh.

3 Likes

Soap is literally what kills the virus.

13 Likes

Yes, soap is more effective than rubbing hands with alcohol or hand sanitizers. However, so is washing hands with water. Soap is better than just water. Anti-bacterial soap is better than soap. They are all massively better than masks. Never leaving the house is best of all.

…maybe they reached their goal…

#confirmed ? We’ve always thought that all those people waving their fists at the sky and cursing at clouds were fools, but maybe we were the fools all along and now it’s too late!

Also: the guy who was trying to prove that Earth was flat by using his own homemade rocket exploded, and now the chinese flying aids has become a very convenient way to reduce/halt all flight traffic…he was clearly on to something…let’s see…

The Earth is flat and world governments were using chemtrails to bend the atmosphere and make it appear as if the Earth was round(ish), but their hoax was so close to being exposed that they developed the chinese flying aids and unleashed it on the population in order to regain control and force everyone to use mandated ID chips to be installed under our skin that will monitor us 24/7 and punish anyone who goes against the NWO’s plans.

That’s the only explanation.

Ps: the moment I posted this reply my neighbors dog barked. They’re coming for me.

@Hanna I’m sorry to use your arrow, but

2 Likes

Did you watch the video? Soap, any soap at all, breaks down the coating on the virus, causing it to fall apart and become a worthless pile of worthlessness.

Antibacterial soap doesn’t make any difference because once you’ve scrubbed your hands with soap for 20 seconds, you’ve already broken down the bacteria into dead shards of no-longer bacteria.

Alcohol works on relatively clean hands, not so much on sweaty or dirty ones.

Edit: and water against viruses works as well as water on oil. Enough scrubbing could get it off eventually, but how many minutes do you want to scrub your hands with water when 20 seconds + soap is all you need?

9 Likes

I got an idea. Soap foam parties. Big fuck off virus beating foam parties.

7 Likes

Go easy on the Wacky Backy :rofl:

1 Like

My original reply was to this:

“No matter how well you scrub, if you’re not using soap, you’re wasting your time.”

You are correct in all the points you’ve made and, I believe, in agreement with everything that I have posted.

I’ve always been the type of person to have a little pack of wet wipes in my bag, but now I also carry around a little travel box with bar soap inside. It’s just about the best line of defense we have aside from self-quarantine and social distancing.

You can find the little travel containers at Poya. And also pick up a bar soap of your choosing. I heartily recommend it.

3 Likes

Come into my classroom with filthy hands, and you’re running the risk of spreading the virus to me and your classmates. You WILL be called out on it.
Don’t wear a mask in the classroom? You’re running the risk of spreading the virus to me and your classmates. You WILL be called out on it.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. If that makes me a bully, so be it. I can happily live with the label.

Guy

6 Likes

Remember too that this whole mess is caused by a virus, not bacteria, so antibacterial soap is irrelevant at the moment. And probably contributing to antibiotic resistance, which is a whole other thing that’ll start killing thousands or more pretty soon. But hey, egghead scientists have been warning about that for decades, and what do they know? When have any disasters they’ve predicted ever come true?

EDIT:

I’ve actually gotten quite annoyed at the packaging of all this stuff - I hope it’s better in Chinese. Is “Soothing cleansing hand gel” soap, or something else? What about “Antibacterial lotion”? I guess it’s soap, but I’m not sure if the chemistry is actually the same. We’ve got some kind of super organic naturally derived body and shower gel that doesn’t lather worth a damn, and I’m not even sure if it’s soap.

I’m not sure if that’s right (oops, sorry, I’m trying to condense my posts and as a result this appears as a quote before you posted … that’s gonna look weird): from Unicef:

8. What if I don’t have soap?

Using chlorinated water or hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 per cent alcohol are the best second options if you do not have soap and running water.

2 Likes

The only reason they obsess with wearing masks is they’ve never been taught to wash their hands and desist from sticking their fingers up their noses. Ipso facto a barrier needs to be created between their hands and their face. Masks are for dirty buggers who have no understanding of personal hygiene.

Washing with water only is, of course, daft when there is soap available. However, it is not totally useless and is in fact better than wiping with alcohol.

2 Likes

What happens to them exactly ?