Coronavirus crisis open thread - March

f46138381554de23dd7df0727d814bb220b510b3-01

Take that, patriarchy!!

8 Likes

This story should brighten your Sunday morning! Presumptive is not bad, right?

F

1 Like

May also be related to the higher rates of smoking for men in China. Plus women seem to often have a stronger immune system.

Even this they can’t get right?

2 Likes

First death in king county… are you panic buying in Costco yet? They ran out of toilet paper and cleaning products. Welp~

Nah. I’m here in Taiwan. I already took care of my panic buying last week. See Costco 2020 thread for details.

But im still here :frowning:

its got worse in taiwan

Fake news alert (yeah, yet another). Hey, at least Democrats aren’t playing politics with covid19!

:roll:

How does the media leap to the defense of Democrats? By attempting to undermine him with the outrageous and untrue claim that he said the coronavirus itself is a hoax.

CNBC: Trump says the coronavirus is Democrats’ new ‘hoax’
Politico: Trump rallies his base to treat coronavirus as a ‘hoax’
ABC via AP: Trump lashes out at Dems, calls coronavirus their new ‘hoax’
CNBC: Trump calls outbreak a ‘hoax,’ South Korea has record jump in cases
Politico: Biden blasts Trump for calling coronavirus a ‘hoax’
The Hill: Democrat gets in heated exchange with Pompeo at hearing: ‘Do you believe coronavirus is a hoax?’
MSNBC: Michael Moore: Trump calling coronavirus a ‘hoax’ is ‘dangerous’

7 Likes

If that’s so, then Taiwan is to blame for it and that means Taiwan can’t blame all its shit pollution on China anymore.

Pollution is really bad by me today. I went for a walk and found myself gasping for air after about five min. It says the AQI is 95, but my lungs and eyes think that’s a lie.

China is showing up with pollution in the 150 range in many areas. I think factories that are back online are ramping up production more than average (to be expected, they’ve lost over a month of production time)

(Though I don’t mind telling Taiwan that it’s their own damn fault and not China’s. The general overuse of cars and scooters here mixed with concrete paved over dirt instead of bushes and trees leads to both air and noise pollution that you really don’t see to that extent in the West)

I hate the media…

3 Likes

Finally some good news. Drink up, folks!

5 Likes

It seems worse in Taipei area, here in Kaoshiung I feel good (no new cases and only two for an area of 3 million).

I wonder about India, 3 cases? Maybe eat less meat, or warm weather? I wonder this in KHH, its warmer too? On a per person basis, Korea has passed China on reported basis. Its out of control in parts of Korea and Italy and some nearby EU members.

My wife is joking about that’s why no cases in Hualien and Taidong.

4 Likes

For a comparison,

Well technically people who die because of the Coronavirus are dying from pneumonia or possibly some other complications.

So pneumonia kills men more than women and is dangerous for the elderly. Nothing new there. Known that for decades.

1 Like

I doubt it. Singapore has over 100 cases and is sweltering year round.