Coronavirus Funny Pictures etc. (political too) 2021 edition

Would you like to split this into its own discussion thread? I was under the impression this thread was for pictures…

1 Like

I copied the pictures from press releases so no trickery here - top left is initial shot, upper right is 2nd vaccination and bottom is booster. Either the guy waxed before the election or the shots have a certain side effect that nobody else is talking about.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Cause it doesn’t live very long outside the body on pretty much any type of surface and all dried up.

2 Likes

Then why are we closing and spraying down buildings whenever an infected person (who was presumably wearing a mask (which prevents transmission (otherwise why wear them))) was discovered to have passed through days prior ?

7 Likes

:howyoudoin:

Like the ehem bolitas thinghie?

To catch presymptomatic employees that would be there the next few days (and children if at a school). Masks are not 100%, but they help slow it and make it more manageable.

The virus doesn’t live for very long but can be viable up to 72 hours. Depends if you call that long.

It is definitely a blunt instrument.

There is no reason for

Que bolitas?

So a mask that can hold a live virus for 3 days, the very virus that is causing the deadliest pandemic since the Spanish Flu, doesn’t require its own biohazard bin? Got it.

2 Likes

I don’t know how sanitation workers behave where you are, but I see sanitation workers employing protective clothing to do their jobs.

I doubt they’re licking the masks.

It’s not about sanitation workers. It’s about masks that may end up on the ground and in the streets near pedestrians.

This may not be a big issue in Taiwan, but it is one in American cities.

You are supposed to discard your mask responsibly, which is why there is a hefty fine here in Taiwan if you don’t.

Now, most bathroom garbage goes in a bag and the bag in the trash can until collection day. This is where everyone, from the one doing housekeeping to the sanitation employees, benefits from wearing masks themselves and following anti epidemic protocols such as washing their hands.

1 Like

Neither is COVID lately.

2 Likes

Actually there are. I’ve seen them at building entrances. But why t.f. would a person throw away a mask when exiting a building, knowing that it’s going to be needed at various places the person is likely to go to on the way home (possibly including the lobby/corridors/elevator of one’s place of residence)? Those things don’t grow on trees after all.

So the bins just sit there and look pretty, biohazard symbol and all. :cactus:

That “picture” of yours was mostly text anyway! :stuck_out_tongue:

But at the end of the day it’s up to @RickRoll how much commentary he wants to allow in response to any given picture post.

1 Like

I was about to move everything out, but it seems the discussion finished.
I’ll leave it as is for now.

1 Like
2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Repost of the Day (for real this time!)

1 Like

5 Likes