Coronavirus Mental Health/Support Thread

Down 3kg thus far.

Like I said, we should learn from mistakes from the rest of the world.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, I’ve probably been passing people like this (definitely in aisles, maybe on escalators but I forget) on the principle that, the less time I spend near people, the more we’re “distanced” from each other. No idea how it really works, but my sense is that sixty seconds two meters away is “worse” than 5 seconds quickly walking by. I am trying very hard to avoid standing near people for any length of time. I’m not trying hard to avoid passing them in aisles.

Anyway, I get where you’re coming from - it’s easy to be frustrated right now - but people who seem careless may actually be careful, just from a different point of view.

2 Likes

Not stopping doing it won’t help. But take care behaving badly.

1 Like

I usually stick to myself and don’t care a bit about what others are doing. Surprised at myself. But yeah, I realize how it makes me look.

4 Likes

Has anyone taken up cycling since covid? At least in the states I had my family and friends to talk to. I need a distraction here lol.

1 Like

I’m not sure if anyone has taken up cycling, but lots of us are certainly doing it.

Wasn’t it hard to buy a bike in North America last year? I don’t know how things are here. Hopefully better, seeing as how we’re Giant’s home turf, but global supply chains often surprise me.

2 Likes

Cycling is awesome. When I get home after a ride, I feel great.

Guy

3 Likes

4 Likes

OK that guy wins. :grin:

Guy

I’ve gotten back into it. I stopped for the most part for months and months then just started again. I’m also hiking, and recently started running part of my 3.3km uphill course. I haven’t been running because of bad knees and I’m very happy to see my knees have somehow repaired themselves somewhat.

I can’t imagine not having my workouts. It’s really the only thing keeping me sane.

6 Likes

This lockdown in Taipei has really got me down. I’ve been making videos and I worry if I looked depressed

https://fb.watch/65B5DTyQFz/

2 Likes

Keep your head up, Stinsonlover. We’ll be in this for the long haul, and we needs guys like you!

Guy

4 Likes

Bit of context … didn’t you stop because you’d achieved some kind of massive ride that was a goal you’d been working towards for a while? You’re making it sound like you’ve been lazy, but I think it was more that you were deservedly resting on your laurels! (Or am I misremembering?)

Plus, damn it, we can’t swim anymore - same reason my cycling moved up a level in Spring 2020. And I was finally sorting out that dumb dolphin kick off the wall!

3 Likes

That’s partly right. I cycled Wuling and while I did deserve a break after that feat, the ride also kicked my butt to such an extent that I was a bit scared away from cycling!

Yes. I was really getting somewhere with that. Oh well. Maybe my renewed interest in running will eventually lead to triathlon races again. I really miss those races and especially the training leading up to them.

2 Likes

Long long ago, a doctor told me if I lost some weight I may be able to jog with my bad knee again. Well, I did lose a fair bit of weight - but nope, still no jogging, annoyingly.

1 Like

I was about to complain to you guys how bad this bike ride hurt my knees haha. They claim it’s good for them though. Maybe it will be better next ride.

1 Like

What kind of bike are you riding?
Did you properly adjust the seat height to fit you?

2 Likes

youbike haha. i lowered the seat probably too low but the seats are uncomfy

YouBikes mess with my knees. The seats don’t go high enough, and more importantly, there’s something wrong with the angle. My guess is that your knees will be fine with a road bike adjusted properly for you.

1 Like

I’m actually not really running yet. I’m taking a 3.15km mountain road course with an 8.8% average grade and running as much of that as I can. I then walk down. I’m sure that’s much easier on my knees than running on a flat course. But I still want to try that soon.

Maybe you could try a mountain road sometime, I mean if you’re missing running.

1 Like