Coronavirus Mental Health/Support Thread

My cousin, basically the only extended family I’m super close to, is in isolation after returning from a business trip to Malaysia last week. She has some covid-19 symptoms and has been tested and is awaiting results while in quarantine.

I’m drinking tonight. I’m tired of feeling like I’m living a nightmare all the time.

6 Likes

I am getting to that point, too. I feel exhausted. I can’t sleep well. I go to bed early and simply cannot fall asleep. When I do, I wake up several times during the night. It is not the cats nor me needing to go to the toilet, just… feeling uneasy.

I got this pain at the base of the skull threatening to become a full blown headache anytime.

I am tired of writing about this stuff, can’t look away. I got friends and family in several places going under lockdown. My mom is sick and she is staying at a cousin’s place and she is supposed to be OK. But I do not trust the overall situation in the old country to go poo poo anytime.

One of my brothers is a doctor and he was working in one of the hospitals affected. Luckily, it did not get to him. But he’s got asthma, hypertension and really should lose some weight, ideal candidate for a bad case of the Covid. And he is in the frontline. Sigh.

Wish I could drink.

2 Likes

Me too. I have nightmares constantly about this thing. And when I wake there’s none of the relief you usually get when you wake up after a bad nightmare… because this time it’s based on our reality.

Millions of us are going to have PTSD when this is over.

Bump

For me its funny, I do not have nightmares, nothing scary, just the usual boring dreams. Heck, a couple of days ago I dreamed I was shopping in a Vancouver supermarket. But still I wake up as if I had been beaten by an octopus armed with pro bats.

2 Likes

No bullying! This is the serious zone. Support only.

4 Likes

And germaphobes!

I got very sick in the past weeks. I am having headaches and nauseas and my schedule (now that I need to drive kid to school in the morning) is totally messed up and I have migraines everyday. My level of productivity has diminished a lot. I am gaining weight because I can’t exercise because of the pain.

2 Likes

I flagged your post. The original post states clearly this is a support thread. Please be respectful of that.

2 Likes

To be fair I don’t think jo was actually trying to bully anyone. I’ve never seen her post a legitimately mean thing on the board.

Don’t hit the drink, people. Alcohol is a drag on the immune system, which you need at full power right now.

2 Likes

I guess that’s where we differ.

1 Like

my vote goes to @Marco.

1 Like

Sorry but I just type that word because I feel I became OCD and worried much so hypochondriac is a bullied word … I dont mean that.

My apology

3 Likes

It’s okay. We are all on edge.

1 Like

Booo

6 Likes

The migraine is unbearable for me, mostly not because I am worried about myself but about my kid. I really really wish taiwan would stop classes for the next 2 weeks.

If it makes you feel better, kids are almost immune to this disease. I don’t think there’s been any fatalities of anyone under the age of 20 (maybe a couple who had serious pre-existing conditions). But they can spread it.

2 Likes

Someone posted an animated video explained the disease (as if I didn’t have watched endless such videos already) and I didn’t expect the animation one would be that one that scared me the most. I have read somewhere about the correlation of imunize system activity in young people and I have a teen :disappointed_relieved:

I have been the most sick I have been in years only in these past weeks

1 Like