Coronavirus Open Thread 2021

Covid restrictions are now officially over here in Oregon. 63% of the population has been fully vaccinated and 7% more partially vaccinated. In anotther week 70% of the population will be fully vaxed.

The numbers are beginning to plateau though so maybe 30% of the population will remain unvaxed. Given that I’d say going commando now is probably the right move so we can kill off that 30% as quickly as possible.

1 Like

Eh not out of the woods

So maybe still keep up the guard?

1 Like

We’ll be keeping up the guard forever at this rate. I like the new plan better. Let the guard down completely. Thin the herd asap.

All 24 unvaccinated people at birthday party contract COVID.

Six vaccinated people at a recent party in a suburb of Sydney, Australia were the only ones who didn’t test positive for COVID-19 according to health officials.

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation reports that all of the people who tested positive after attending the birthday celebration in West Hoxton were infected with the delta strain of the coronavirus.

2 Likes

LOL. My man, you have been beating your chest for god knows how many months about the “experts” being “wrong” about the virus and that this is all a grand conspiracy! How does that not imply that you believe yourself to not only be an expert, but an “enlightened” expert? Delusions of grandeur much??

2 Likes

Those are some super interesting articles. Cross-reactive T cells reducing severity, from coronaviruses that cause the common cold. I hadn’t heard the idea that children had way more of these cross reactive cells because they are constantly getting mild coronavirus (not covid-19) infections being proposed as evidence for why children are generally less susceptible to COVID-19.

1 Like

Google prepares storing vaccination information on the phone.
This can be used by countries as a digital vaccination proof.

3 Likes

This is not a sufficient proof unless it matches a QR tattoo.
It would be wise to scan one’s mark prior to getting into any interaction.

1 Like

Listen to Autie Peng. She has been around.

Guy

All I’m suggesting here is that TPTB are caught up in their own importance, and that human superstition is only just below the surface, ready to rise up when needed.

My assertion about immunity was intended to be nothing more than entertainment, like all the other predictions of case numbers, and all I’m doing here is explaining my rationale behind the prediction. You can ponder on it, or laugh at it, as you see fit. It will become either true or false at the relevant time.

The politicians need to finally grow a pair and set a rule that once a certain percentage of the population are vaccinated all guards are dropped. Nature will then take its course with the rest. We can’t remain hostages for ever.

70% feels like more than enough.

4 Likes

This was always their “herd immunity” target in the first place. They told us that once 70% were vaxxed they’d leave us alone.

And we trusted them.

Wonderful. Just what we need. Google now officially in charge of what we do, and not merely what we think.

1 Like

I think I saw that on another thread, though…

1 Like

Interesting that two of these studies showing broadly similar results using different techniques (40-50% of uninfected individuals showing some immune recognition). Although they assume that this immunity is a consequence of previous exposure to similar viruses, it seems rather implausible that, by this time, they haven’t also been exposed to SARS-CoV-2.

Anyway, it seems completely obvious to me that most people have enough immune response to avert serious harm. If this were not the case then every person on the planet should have experienced symptomatic infection by now. 90%+ have not, even in the worst-hit countries.

1 Like

Ring-a-ding-ding. Round 2.

:grandpa:

What happened to the old lady emoji?

1 Like

I wonder if any of those that support death to those that do not want to take unlicensed injections would also allow their kids to be a lab rat?
https://twitter.com/i/status/1409919553694535682

Speaking of jabs, the boosters which will be forever are coming. Reminds me of Brave New World and SOMA the free medicine for the plebs:
https://twitter.com/DrStefanieW/status/1410541862977298433/photo/1

Whenever someone is sick assume it is C19? Great for the casedemic.:
Should chapped lips be added as a symptom?

Including fatigue, headache, sore throat and diarrhoea on the official list of Covid symptoms would pick up a third more cases of the virus, Calum Semple, a member of the Scientific advisory group for emergencies (Sage), said.

Sounds like the description of a hangover. And if you had a curry the night before you could say it is the ‘Indian variant’
Great way to find more ‘cases’ though.

Meanwhile in Australia. I wonder if she will be allowed to do many more of these public announcements?:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1410123541379305472

1 Like

Does anyone have any insight or background to this other than this skimpy article? First question in my mind is how long did it take for him to receive medical assistance. Police were first responders, who then only on their arrival, called an ambulance. Very saddening.

Why not? You seem pretty keen to ascribe every weird symptom experienced by somebody who got vaccinated, reported by some random bloke on Twitter, to the vaccine. So it’s fine to do the same for COVID, no?

1 Like

Yes, will make a shit load of cash for the medical industrial complex and keep the plebs tied to ‘vaccines’ for life.
Maybe I should post more ‘random bloke on twitter’ stuff.

1 Like

Is it possible to post more? I was under the assumption that you’d already been posting all of it. I actually deleted the app from my phone a couple of months back during a decluttering attempt so I wouldn’t have to see duplicate “information”.