Coronavirus Open Thread 2021

Because it depends on the situation . The kids will be at a very tiny risk if they get infected also.

I think the mRNA vaccines would be ok for kids personally.

It’s not something I’m particularly concerned with one way or the other.

If you’re here to bicker, take it somewhere else please. Stick to comments about the COVID situation, thanks.

1 Like

OK. Children should not receive a Covid vaccine and it’s something I am concerned about.

4 Likes

And you are welcome to say that!

2 Likes

WHO hasn’t yet given general recommendations on giving children vaccines. They say they need more data before saying it’s ok.

“More evidence is needed on the use of the different COVID-19 vaccines in children to be able to make general recommendations on vaccinating children against COVID-19.” (22 June 2021)

COVID-19 Vaccines Advice (who.int)

IIRC various US States are either allowing or encouraging children to get vaccinated following an EUA for that age group.

The stress is in the minds of the hopeless politicians.

Interesting change in grandma and grandpa’s mindset here in the U.S. now that they’ve been fully vaccinated. They’re onboard now with dropping all pandemic controls and letting Delta and whatever variant is coming after loose on unvaccinated Covid skeptics who have been calling for them to be thrown under the bus for the last year.

2 Likes

Looks like the UK is getting back to normal. Not a new normal, just normal. No masks, no covid passports. No social distancing. Some people think that if you are not vaccinated, you are going to be restricted in this post covid world, but it seems like the UK at least is moving away from that. Great news. Obviously there are still going to be restrictions for international travel. Hopefully they go in time, too.

2 Likes

That’s cool. Anyone want to start betting on the next one?

I’m going for a paramyxovirus in 2025, provisional name “PARVID-25”, also emerging suspiciously close to the Wuhan Institute of Virology but unrelated to it.

1 Like

I’m placing my bet on Coronabola and morgues full of diehard Coronabola skeptics.

2 Likes

Nice. All the fun of coronavirus plus more hemorrhaging. Might need more than a surgical mask for that.

Nothing is going to change now that the battle lines have been drawn between science and pseudoscience.

The outcomes of the long-term underfunding of public education in the US are really something aren’t they.

Guy

1 Like

When I read that, I understand why despots, commies and Nazis gained power. There is a campaign to pit different sets of people against each other .
You grandparents have been persuaded.
There was CNN medical industrial complex propaganda piece about the ‘unvaxed’ being ‘variant factories’. here:
https://archive.is/8eVcd

Many predicted this campaign would happen months ago.
What drives variants? Antibodies if I am not mistaken. Those jabbed have higher levels of antibodies:

Here is a paper on Multiple SARS-CoV-2 variants escape neutralization by vaccine-induced humoral immunity:

And here is a video:

My grandparents aren’t nazis. They’re just looking for payback after listening to Covid skeptics argue for the last year that they be thrown under the bus rather than endure the humiliation of having to wear masks and practice social distancing.

“The researchers also found correlations between RBD antibodies and gender, age, and previous SARS-CoV-2 infection, with females having a higher concentration of antibodies than males.”

So they did not discover and test any other genders? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Honestly we have a few of these types here on this board. After all, people are going to die anyways . . . :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Guy

It’s not going so well in EVERY State.
Hospital can’t keep up