Coronavirus Open Thread 2021

You ever landed at Taoyuan Int’l Airport in the last decade or so and waited to pick up your baggage? Beagles.

2 Likes

Those beagles at TPE seem especially good at busting arrivals from SE Asia carrying forbidden fruits (literally: fruits!).

Guy

1 Like

A ban:

1 Like

Eh, actually, positive on both antipyretics - at the start of the mess, last year, when they still relief on temps- and recently one fake test by a taishang. That we know of because it has been on the news.

Tests are not reliable because they are time sensitive. Time and time again we have people living with positive cases who when found test negative and then, a few days later, when the fruit is mature, they test positive.

Plus all the negative tests coming from abroad that happen to suddenly turn out positive on arrival.

Mass testing would not be helpful if it gave a lot of inaccurate negative results. And regarding false positives, that is why quick testing is followed here in Taiwan by PCR and antigen.

Hmmm. Guess it’ll never go away. Gosh.

Huge numbers of locals out enjoying their day off in the sunshine just now, in the parks and the Riverside. Cycling, playing ball exercising, walking the dog.

I can’t believe Taiwan is operating this apartheid system it’s making me sick.

Are you referencing the restrictions on migrant workers in Miaoli?

Just wondering when and how South Africa arrived.

Guy

All over the country migrants are locked in their dorms. Have you not been checking this ? Many have already been locked into their dorms and factories for one month already. Only allowed an hour for shopping at an approved store.
Also caregivers ’ locked in’’.
It’s not just Miaoli.
That’s just a convenient figleaf at this stage…Today is a public holiday but they’ve locked up potentially 100s thousands of foreigners.

2 Likes

I saw caregivers out today in Taipei City . . .

If caregivers are being restricted now, it’s completely ridiculous.

Guy

1 Like

Oh yeah but what about all the ones you didn’t see.
Not that they will necessarily get a holiday anyway.

But on Sundays…That’s their day off. Bet you most of them cannot go out on Sunday now either.

1 Like

Has this been organized via Line chat?

How could such large-scale coordination / suppression be organized?

Guy

Read the posts on Facebook. All over Taiwan dorms are locked down. Exactly how many…Not sure. But it’s large numbers of people.

I don’t do the f-book. But thank you for letting me know what’s going on.

Guy

1 Like

so long for reliable sources…

People who are locked up are posting. Direct from horse’s mouth.

Check Taiwan Observer News Facebook yourself.

diggin yourself in…not reliable source, you are not even posting a link.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

Saw some stuff a few weeks ago on airlines talking about banning vaccinated due to risk of blood clots but passed on it as there was no sources.
According to this Spain and Russia are advising people not to fly who have been vaccinated.

OK Cake time to pass that spliff on you had a good toke.

1 Like

I like it! :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes