Coronavirus Open Thread (October-December 2020)

Here’s hoping I lose then. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

How’s Sweden going with that refusal-to-lockdown thing?

https://www.joemygod.com/2020/11/previous-holdout-sweden-imposes-strict-lockdown/

Oh.

About 50,000 rocked up to watch a Rugby League match (QLD 20 def NSW 14) in Brisbane tonight. I wonder how many cases will emerge in the next couple of weeks.

Yes, not a welcome development. An indication of just how bad the spread is.

“if someone is tested by PCR as positive when a threshold of 35 cycles or higher is used (as is the rule in most laboratories in Europe and the US), the probability that said person is infected is less than 3%, and the probability that said result is a false positive is 97%.”
2 Likes

From the Financial Times:
“scientists have since argued that the mutation might not be so dangerous while Danish health officials concede it has probably already died out.”

No groups larger than 8? Some might view it as a strict lockdown, I suppose.

I thought that when the Swedish model was working it was because they culturally stood apart from one another at bus stops, so this “strict lockdown” shouldn’t be an issue for them.

:thinking: hmm, this isn’t adding to trust in the vaccine imo. Now they’re also 95% to match moderna?

Yeah I was wondering that too. Maybe 8 people counts as a wild party in Sweden and this actually constitutes a relaxation of the rules?

The medical-political complex:

1 Like

Probably zero.

1 Like

Interesting

what a bunch of assholes :grimacing:

Denial is normal in the face of something so terrifying. But there is a point where even denial goes too far. If they were diagnosed with cancer, would they react the same? And it is worldwide…

I heard somewhere that some rich person is going to offer a shitload of cash for someone to prove the C19 virus actually exists.

Where did you hear this shitload of trash?

2 Likes

From a taxi driver wearing a hazmat suit chewing betel nut.

1 Like

From Reuters, via the Taipei Times:

Guy

How are the mighty fallen.