Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

At the press conference, Ko appealed to the 50,000 runaway foreign laborers to come in for testing, and that if they do, they won’t be deported… :thinking:

8 Likes

I mean the biggest problem is not really the lack of English, as to be honest its not complicated app and we are few in numbers. The biggest issue is that Taiwan has a lot old people who are technologically illiterate and wont download it unless young family members force them. Imagine some CCP infested LINE group will tell them that the APP will fry their brains or empty their bank accounts

5 Likes

Well since those oldies are penny wise pound foolish from what I’ve heard, the cecc could say that if you download the app and show the bar code, your bank will deposit NT$10 in your account. Everyone will do it then !

3 Likes

Yes they definitely will do that!

1 Like

That argument can be made to the developers as well :slight_smile:

I don’t understand what you are suggesting should have been done:

How has Taiwan succumbed? The 21 cases just reported? There might- emphasis on ‘might’- be a serious outbreak down the line before vaccinations kick in, but there is no indication of that so far.
(probably better in the Taiwan-Covid thread)

1 Like

Yes, it’s a maybe at the moment. But the problem is that (as I said above) belief is likely to outstrip reality, particularly if the press continue with their campaign to scare the living crap out of everyone and pressure the government into making bad decisions. It happened elsewhere, and there’s no reason to believe that Taiwanese people are a different breed of human being.

Dude, just chill and let’s get back to the news. What we need the most now is information and not somebody nagging.

2 Likes

It’s Taiwan’s biggest problem with the virus issue now. It may not have been last year but they need to get their act together. Mass testing and mass vaccination.

3 Likes

Has this been posted yet?

4 Likes

55 minutes, 10,000 nt. I usually only do big shops there,…, this trip was a little puffy. Plenty of TP, they have instituted single item per membership purchasing for essentials

2 Likes

“That evening, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced that the patients are a man and woman in their 60s. They had entered the hospital’s emergency room on May 6.”

Does it take that long to find out?

1 Like

I presume they didn’t present symptoms till much later.

They must have had symptoms to be in the emergency room. Unless they were hospitalised for some other reason.

1 Like

Yeah. Things don’t seem to add up if they presented covid symptoms on the 6th and we’re just hearing about it now. We need more details.

2 Likes

Maybe something like this?

And why are the hospital staff needing to go into isolation? There have been cases before of people going to hospital and later being found to be positive, what happened differently this time?

1 Like

It doesn’t move. :cry:

So how bad will the presser be today?

• Not so bad - 1-5 domestic cases all traceable to the Lion King
  • Moderately bad - 6-14 domestic cases, a couple unknown
  • Pretty damn bad - 15-30 domestic cases, many unknown
  • India bad - over 30 domestic cases, most unknown and found by accident

0 voters

Or tested negative. We will know more at 2pm.