Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Ah, I see what you mean. Even 14 days seems excessive under the circumstances.

Good Lord, I fear for our future. Even my five-year-old understands her risk of death is insignificant.

1 Like

He had been sprayed with disinfectant.

For 5 year olds, it is. It’s very rare for anyone under 20 to die, and almost unheard of for someone under 10.

One of this disease’s small mercies. Could you imagine the global freak out if it was killing kids?

1 Like

From: https://www.statnews.com/2021/05/26/data-needed-know-if-sputnik-v-vaccine-too-good-to-be-true/

Read the last sentence. What else don’t we know about what other vaccines? Why trust any of them?

Isn’t that what it’s all about? Taiwan doesn’t need Sputnik anyway, and Russia has other countries prioritized for distribution, so it’s a non-issue. There are other companies Taiwan didn’t buy from.

There is a whole thread for this:
https://tw.forumosa.com/t/coronavirus-vaccine-in-taiwan-may-2021/

1 Like

Internally, or just the outside?

2 Likes

That’s because you are adequately teaching that to your girl. At TAS one of my kids’ teachers said something like the kids need to wear their masks because they are primary vector of transmission and they could die if they didn’t. Fortunately I had already gone over all the facts with my kids first, but it still worried them enough to come ask me about it again.

I’d guess the disinfectant spraying was them getting their own back on the beligerant, stubborn twat

While their personal health risk is lower, don’t they carry the same level of transmission as adults?

You dont think Foxconn, the biggest Assembly company in the word, synonymous with cost-down and efficiency is good at putting together water-tight SOP?

Thats literally all of Foxconn’s business. Its what they do. Ask anyone in Taiwan about Foxconn and they will mention millitary style. How do you think they win contracts with Apple etc?

:thinking:

Yes, but you’d think a teenager, and a learning college student, with full access to all the information on the Internet in their hand all day would have figured out that their risk was well under 20% by now.

I think that any time one is asymptomatic the risk of transmission is always lower.

差不多

1 Like

Apparently not. I don’t think this is conclusively, but I’m fairly certain the empirical evidence indicates that they are both less likely to contract and less likely to transmit the disease. (I’ve read 50% less likely in both instances, but those all seem more like guesses to me.). There have been various explanations, but if the kids are less likely to be symptomatic or have serious cases, that alone would suggest why transmission rates are lower.

I haven’t looked again recently, but when I last looked I couldn’t find a confirmed case of a student giving Covid to a teacher.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02973-3

1 Like

Really - Everyone! Wow that puts us all in big trouble.

Yes, but you’re forgetting that people are dumb.

2 Likes

And everything on the Internet is not true?

2 Likes

That’s true.

I do. Speculation. Buy the rumor strategy. Did you make your gains? :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face: