Coronavirus - Taiwan 2021

Quarantine for one week in a resort would be doable for me. Not in a small hotel room.
I would love for Vietnam to open up but I doubt it personally.

I’ll take quarantine camping in the world’s third biggest cave. That’d work…

What better place to hide from all the bat-borne viruses?

2 Likes

Test out the vaccination bro

2 Likes

That’s what I call fighting fire with fire.

Let us know—if you survive—how this works out. :upside_down_face:

Guy

1 Like

Otherwise known as “fishermen”.

3 Likes

Well, OK, and fireMEN, policeMEN, chairMEN. . . .

Btw, happy belated international woMEN’s day to you.

Cheers,
Guy

Fire fighter
cop
communist leader

3 Likes

Now those guys really are all MEN.

Guy

Au contraire!

The only (or closest thing to) RC KMT leader of the People’s Republic of China.

Taiwan covid situation covered in the NYT.

By the way, four days since the last post? Appropriate headline.

3 Likes

Nice to see the dual-citizenship parasites who make their money overseas, yet come back here for virtually free healthcare, after not paying NHI and taxes for years, saying such good things about Taiwan!

5 Likes

And yet nobody thought to call it a brain gain? Who do they have writing these articles?

4 Likes

These Covid migrants are largely overseas Taiwanese and dual nationals. They have included businesspeople, students, retirees and well-known figures like Eddie Huang, the Taiwanese-American restaurateur and author. About 270,000 more Taiwanese entered the island than left it in 2020, according to the immigration authorities — about four times the net inflow of the previous year.

Dunno, but they should choose their examples more carefully. If I recall correctly, didn’t this guy had a bit of trouble during quarantine?

What happened?

er…not exactly.
Kids are still wearing masks in kindergarten and elementary. Not sure about higher education though.

3 Likes

Really? What’s the source?

Guy

I remember reading that, Taipei Times or local rags probably. But it did take the luster off that “acquisition”.

This one maybe?

Mmm, not that bad I think

Just walking around, hanging out without mask during quarantine period, had to apologize.

At that time, it was not as bad as, well, now, or 6 months ago. But still…

What I mean to say is that the writer for NYT dropped famous names without crossing his ts and dotting his is.

1 Like